Creative egg breakfasts needed!!!!!

Scotch Eggs are tasty and different!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/scotch-eggs/

Egg In The Hole (1 serving)

2 eggs
2 slices of bread
1 teaspoon butter
In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Tear a 1 and 1/2-inch hole out of the center of each piece of bread. Tilt the skillet so the melted butter covers the surface of the pan. Place each slice of bread next to each other in the skillet. Crack eggs, one at a time, into the hole in the center of the bread.

After about 3 minutes, flip the bread and cook on the other side until the egg has set. Slide onto a plate and serve.

More egg breakfast recipes from Mr. Breakfast.com:

http://www.mrbreakfast.com/recipe_collection.asp?subcategoryid=3

I like trying different recipes. However, I always come back to poached eggs on toast. Just love it. I'm about to make a quiche, too.

Goldenrod Eggs (or Eggs Goldenrod)

Ingredients:
2 hard-cooked eggs
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1 cup milk
2 slices bread, toasted

Directions:
1. Cut eggs in half; remove yolks and set aside. Chop egg whites; set aside. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
2. Stir in egg whites; heat through. Pour over toast. Force egg yolks through a sieve to break into small pieces; sprinkle over sauce.

Farmer's Breakfast

cooked potatoes - cut in small cubes, use red skin or Yukon Gold, boil or steam in water, drain well
cooked bacon - cook crisp and crumble
onion - finely chopped and sauteed in bacon fat
bell pepper, sweet - finely chopped and cooked in bacon fat with the onion - Opt.
eggs - beaten as for scrambled eggs, seasoned with salt and pepper

In a large skillet, cook the onion and bell pepper, if using, in the bacon fat until it is translucent - add in cooked potatoes, and cook to brown just a little - sprinkle on crumbled bacon - then stir in the beaten eggs and cook until the eggs are set

grated cheese - optional, sprinkle over top, cover pan and let cheese melt, then serve up the Farmer's Breakfast while hot, serve crisp toast, biscuits or toasted English muffins with this dish.

quiche - made with mushrooms, bacon, swiss, onions, and asparagus.

Egg-toast: eggs fried in a hole in a piece of bread (cut a circle out of the bread, drop the bread in the pan, pour the whole egg into the hole, fry on both sides)

Hen's nests: eggs fried in a nest of home fries (cook the home fries, make a nest of fries, drop in the egg to be cooked in the middle of the nest) works even better if you've got egg-rings to fry them in.

french toast (yum!)

Scrambled breakfast cake: you need separate dishes of 1) shredded cheese 2) sauted mushrooms and onions 3) green onions 4) chopped fried ham or crumbled cooked bacon 5) scrambled eggs (not quite done, still a little soft.) in an lightly oiled oven-proof dish, layer eggs, shrooms, cheese, eggs, green onions, cheese, eggs, bacon or ham, cheese, eggs, cheese. press the whole thing down lightly into the pan to make it stick together. bake in oven just until eggs set and cheese melts. cut the egg cake in slices and serve with toast and sour cream on the side. this is best when you've got 4 or more people to serve.

eggs benedict (yum!)

Crustless Quiche (more like an "egg casserole") Easy...

10 eggs
1 tsp. baking powder
1 pound shredded cheddar cheese
16 oz. small curd cottage cheese
1/2 c. melted butter
1/2 c. unsifted flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 small onion, chopped
1 can diced green chilies
1 1/2 - 2 c. cubed ham, chicken or sausage (could use olives if you're a vegetarian.)

Beat eggs until lemon colored; add all other ingredients except onion and meat, beat together. Stir in onion and meat. Bake in 13 x 9 oiled dish at 350 about 55 minutes or until center seems set. (will freeze.)

....I have also put frozen hash-brown cut potatoes on the bottom and poured it over them before baking and it turned out very tasty. I've also sprinkled with crumbled bacon as well... yum.

I love making egg muffins for my boys for breakfast! I'm not sure how creative it is but they are quick, easy and delicious!

15 eggs (for silicone muffin pans, use 12 eggs for metal muffin tins or individual silicone cups. You can use less egg yolks and more egg white if you prefer.)
1-2 tsp. Seasoning (I just use salt/pepper)
1-2 cups grated low fat cheese
Optional - 3 green onions diced small.
Optional - chopped veggies such as blanched broccoli, red pepper, zucchini, mushrooms, etc.
Optional - diced Canadian bacon, lean ham, or crumbled cooked sausage

Preheat oven to 375 F. Use regular or silicone muffin pan, 12 muffin size. If using silicone pan, spray with nonstick spray. If using regular muffin pan, put two paper liners into each slot, then spray liner with nonstick spray.

In the bottom of the muffin cups layer diced meat, if using, vegetables, if using, cheese and green onions. You want the muffin cups to be about 2/3 full, with just enough room to pour a little egg around the other ingredients. Break eggs into large measuring bowl with pour spout, add seasonings, and beat well. Pour egg into each muffin cup until it is 3/4 full. I like to stir slightly with a fork. Bake 25-35 minutes until muffins have risen and are slightly browned and set.

Muffins will keep at least a week in the refrigerator without freezing. Egg muffins can be frozen and reheated. For best results, thaw in refrigerator before reheating. Microwave on high about 30 -60 seconds to reheat.

Last edited:
I just made a duck egg quiche and it was delicious, but it got just about every pan in the kitchen dirty. It was worth it, but only for a leisurely weekend breakfast.

I used rice for the "crust" because we are gluten-free. So:

Pot to cook rice
mixing bowl to mix an egg into rice to hold it together
pie plate
cutting board
pan to fry bacon, diced ham, and onion rings.
Another mixing bowl for eggs, cream, milk
small bowl to crack individual eggs
whip
cookie sheet to set pie pan on in case it boiled over
another cookie sheet to make cottage fries
knife to cut everything up
serving plates and utensils.
3 spatulas, one for frying bacon, one to serve quiche, one to serve potatoes
scale to weigh the cheese

I had pre-grated cheese, so I didn't get the food processor dirty.

Last edited:
I love Dutch Baby Pancakes.

6 eggs
4Tbsp butter
c milk
1c flour

Preheat oven to 450. In an oven proof pan melt the butter till it starts to brown. Whisk up all other ingredients. Pour into the browning butter and pop in the oven for 16-20 minutes. It will puff up huge in the oven and start to sink as soon as you take it out. Eat with syrup or however you have your pancakes. For an extra special treat add some sugar and cinnamon to the melting butter.

Back
Top Bottom