Creative uses for Turkey Leftovers

So far I've made turkey pot pie, turkey quesadillas and turkey noodle soup. I'm sure more folks will come along with some more creative ideas
wink.png

Made a big pot of turkey and yellow rice last night in the Puerto Rican way using anatto seeds for the color.

The last little bit of the bird is in the freezer waiting on me to make turkey ala king. I'm out of pimentos at the moment.

We made soup of course, because of course after a holiday gathering in my house we all get sick!
hmm.png

I am planning on making turkey left over turn overs here tomorrow though long as I'm feeling better.

I'm making the crisco crust recipe, making small round cut outs and stuffing them with cranberry, turkey, stuffing and potatoes. Then I fold them in half to make turn overs, egg wash on top, some black pepper and pop in a 400 degree over for 20-25 minutes.

Then heat up some gravy to dunk them in.
smile.png

Potstickers!

Take the turkey and hand shred it, add in some finely chopped onion, maybe some finely shredded carrot, green onions, celery, etc. Toss in some salt, pepper, garlic, and whatever spices you like. mix well. Spoon onto wonton/dumpling wraps (they are about 4"x4" squares or circles). Dab water on the edge and bring edges together to seal. Place on skillet (bottom down) with heated oil until bottom is brown. Add in some water to steam, cover and let sit for about 5 minutes. Serve with soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, etc.

Wallah! Easy potstickers, healthy option and tastes NOTHING like T-giving.
smile.png

Our favorite is Turkey Tetrazzini. Mix leftover turkey with cooked spaghetti, sauteed onion and mushrooms and sliced black olives. Cover with a cream sauce, sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and bake till cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling. Cut in squares to serve. We like it better than the roast turkey, and have been known to do an extra turkey just to make sure we have enough leftover to make the tetrazzini.

Turkey barley soup.

I use the bones to make broth and ad turkey bits that are not good enough for sandwiches, veggies as desired, a packet of slow cooker seasoning by Schilling for poultry or a tablespoon of Bobs red mill 13 bean soup seasoning. Add about a cup of barley and crock pot it til everything is done.

Back
Top Bottom