Creative uses for Turkey Leftovers

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Pupsnpullets, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Pupsnpullets

Pupsnpullets Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2008
    SoCal desert
    It's more of a question than a statement cos I'm about the most uncreative cook I know. So what ideas and recipes does anyone want to share?

2. QH Girl

QH Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    So far I've made turkey pot pie, turkey quesadillas and turkey noodle soup. I'm sure more folks will come along with some more creative ideas [​IMG]

3. linben

linben Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Fed it to the chickens.

4. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Made a big pot of turkey and yellow rice last night in the Puerto Rican way using anatto seeds for the color.

The last little bit of the bird is in the freezer waiting on me to make turkey ala king. I'm out of pimentos at the moment.

5. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    We made soup of course, because of course after a holiday gathering in my house we all get sick! [​IMG]

I am planning on making turkey left over turn overs here tomorrow though long as I'm feeling better.

I'm making the crisco crust recipe, making small round cut outs and stuffing them with cranberry, turkey, stuffing and potatoes. Then I fold them in half to make turn overs, egg wash on top, some black pepper and pop in a 400 degree over for 20-25 minutes.

Then heat up some gravy to dunk them in. [​IMG]

6. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Potstickers!

Take the turkey and hand shred it, add in some finely chopped onion, maybe some finely shredded carrot, green onions, celery, etc. Toss in some salt, pepper, garlic, and whatever spices you like. mix well. Spoon onto wonton/dumpling wraps (they are about 4"x4" squares or circles). Dab water on the edge and bring edges together to seal. Place on skillet (bottom down) with heated oil until bottom is brown. Add in some water to steam, cover and let sit for about 5 minutes. Serve with soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, etc.

Wallah! Easy potstickers, healthy option and tastes NOTHING like T-giving. [​IMG]

7. SallyF

SallyF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    Our favorite is Turkey Tetrazzini. Mix leftover turkey with cooked spaghetti, sauteed onion and mushrooms and sliced black olives. Cover with a cream sauce, sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and bake till cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling. Cut in squares to serve. We like it better than the roast turkey, and have been known to do an extra turkey just to make sure we have enough leftover to make the tetrazzini.

8. Pupsnpullets

Pupsnpullets Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2008
    SoCal desert
    Quote:Mmm....this sounds good.

Has anyone made a Turkey Cottage pie? I think I want to attempt one of those, too.

9. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Turkey barley soup.

I use the bones to make broth and ad turkey bits that are not good enough for sandwiches, veggies as desired, a packet of slow cooker seasoning by Schilling for poultry or a tablespoon of Bobs red mill 13 bean soup seasoning. Add about a cup of barley and crock pot it til everything is done.

10. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    I made an awesome Turkey Stew and Dumplings yesterday. [​IMG] Got the recipe from Taste Of Home online, just tweaked it a bit to our liking. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by