Cree Or Crele

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree in that in most cases Self-Blue and Lavender are the same. I say, " in most cases" because I have seen Self-Blue that did not carry the Lav. gene and I also seen Self-Blue Old English that where Splash with Lavender added.
33115_dsc_0011.jpg

As far as Crele go's, Crele is Barred (not cuckoo) and Black Breasted Red.

33115_dsc_0010.jpg

Chris

ILLIA: Self-Blue and Lavender are the same, just the Self-Blue is the APA recognized term for it. Both if crossed to black will give 100% splits, both are dilutions of black. BLUE (no self in the name) is the one that is different, and creates blue and black offspring from blue x black.

So you too are saying taking a "SELF BLUE" to a Black will make Blues that are ALL SELF BLUE?
I ask cause last year at this time I hatched a single comb self blue who was from a Splash and Blue. I was told that since neither of the parents were LAVENDERS, that this self blue was just that. A SELF BLUE who would not reproduce more LAVENDERS. I remember writing CHRIS09 on a thread, and he said that one can make more self blues by breeding Blues without lacing or any other color but as he just said they are not genetically the same. They may not carry the LAVENDER GENE.

I am more aware that as the chart shows, Crele must have BBR gene, and initially was saying what the person who gave me my Cuckoos said how he has had Crele looking birds from his Cuckoos. Just like the Self Blue vs Lavender post, they may look alike but genetically will produce differently. Now the jury is still out on my Cuckoos. I have read that Cuckoo still may have the barring gene. Again, this is what I read. As I said when I asked BoB on how he said he made his
"Crele's are actually cuckoo partridge and the best i produced came from using these two colours".
That is how BoB made his. They very well may not be true crele either. He is selling them as Creles. And that don't mean they are.

Another very trusted knowledgeable reliable source, said this after I shown him my Buff Orp/Black mixed cock.

"He appears to have (silver) Columbian. Your best bet might be Golden or Red Dorking,would have to breed out the 5th toe gene,which is possible."

He was reffering to this mix cock

009-7.jpg

Dan also had said this previously to me:
"Basically you need a wild type (duckwing) .It is done on red/gold,but golden and silver duckwings and barring makes crele. If you use cuckoo and duckwing you might be happy with a very close likeness just lacking Columbian.There are a number of breeds with duckwing;,games,dorking,,leghorns,and many others."​

Last edited:
Quote:
I am sure BoB would say the same about you, unless you do not raise Orpingtons, and want to know who is the best color breeder of Orpingtons, BoB Fellows is a no name to you. To many he is one of the greats in the Orpington world in breeding the standard varieties and making new varieties. Do a GOOGLE of his name with Orpingtons.
I am sorry you did not read my last post. I said "they can be made to look like a Crele". Like I have said, I am going by the person who gave me my Cuckoos, he says he has made some that look like Creles. IF you still want to change what I write and say I wrote something different, I will still comeback and correct you with my own quotes. I have all the time in the world to do so.

Sonoran Silkies:
I was told here and on other sites that self Blues and a true Lavenders are not the same genetically. So you are saying a Self Blue (which is a Blue lacking any other color other then Blue) cock bred to a Black hen will produce ONLY Self Blues or Blacks? I know that a Lavender cock taken to a Black hen will make Lavenders and Blacks with the Lav gene in half but recessive. That is what you are saying, RIGHT?

apartently you are the one not reading my friend. I said the lok a like (that YOU mentioned) are not to be called creles because they arent creles. If you wanted a true crele bird, you had to breed it the correct way, if you didnt you just would have a look a like a poor one at that, that will not breed true.

Wheather Bob knows me or not , I could care less... If he had anything to do with d'anvers or phoenix he would. But you keep harping on certian breeds....I guess it's just not going to sink into you that one breed verses another has no baring what so ever on genetics. THEY ALL BREED THE SAME.
Go on and breed you mixed up critters, I dont care.... you'll learn one day, maybe

oh and yes self blue and lavender are the same thing. Self blue is what the US APA calls the color, Lavender is just the European name for it

BoB cares less of you as you said you think of BoB. I am sure you think you are way more well known then him in the world poultry.
Not only I breed mixed up critters, I show them too. I have shown purebred mixed up critters as well. The APA judges a bird as how it looks in the cage. The judge does not wait to see what it will reproduce. I had this Know-It-ALL attitude about what would happen when I shown a mixed up critter as a New Hampshire. I was told by folks like you, how my bird would be DQ'd. He was not DQ'd! Then the same folks as you, made comments how the judge was feeling sorry for me. The very same judge gave me Champion English at the very same show with a purebred critter. Look it up in Exhibition Poultry Magazine. Here the APA judges just look of the bird. It is not the AKC where you have to have a DNA test.
Sorry to pop you bubble on Self Blue being the same as Lavender.
I refer to what CHRIS09 said:
I agree in that in most cases Self-Blue and Lavender are the same. I say, " in most cases" because I have seen Self-Blue that did not carry the Lav. gene and I also seen Self-Blue Old English that where Splash with Lavender added.

Chris says "in most cases". That is not "ALL CASES" . Which is my point, so you are wrong. Self Blue. is not the same 100% of the time as Lavender. And as I said, they will be judged the same in APA shows, just like what I am saying about BoB's Creles. They will be judged the same. Sorry, I can't change the rules of the APA to make your point appear to be correct in Self Blue vs Lavender, and then expect it to be not the same with your real Crele against BoB's Crele.​

Last edited:
lildinkem,
If someone is using a Cuckoo pattern in there "Creles" then I would think that they are not going to amount to much as a Crele.
Crele should have clean Barring and and Duck-wing, you need the slow feathering gene ( K ) to have clean barring and the Cuckoo pattern does not carry the K gene it needs to be clean.

Chris

Quote:
I am sure what I have will not make the real official Crele. May not even make them. I was going off what the one person who gave me my Cuckoos told me. IF I get anything even close I will gladly share pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom