Creek Chickens

Welcome to Backyardchickens.com aka BYC! :frow
:yesss:We are glad you joined our flock.
Jump right in and make yourself at home.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

CURRENT COOP CONTEST click here >>#1

The 9th Annual BYC Easter Hatchalong!

It depends the city.

My permit was more of a formality. You fill out the form, pay the fee, your name and address goes on a list with animal control just like a dog license and that's it. You get a permit to have chickens. Call the appropriate city office and ask. They will be happy you are following the right process.

My permit attempt was horrendous! I had all of my surrounding neighbors sign a petition saying that they don’t oppose me having chickens, created 7 binders that included plot maps of my home, what breeds of chickens I want, where I’ll be keeping the coop, dimensions of the coop, etc. I paid $200 to “apply” for the permit and sat before the Board of Trustees to present my case. After ALL of the busy work and after all of my neighbors attended the meeting and spoke in my favor, the township STILL denied me.

I hope you have much better luck than I did lol! But I figured as long as I don’t have complaints, I’ll be okay without the darn permit

It depends the city.

My permit was more of a formality. You fill out the form, pay the fee, your name and address goes on a list with animal control just like a dog license and that's it. You get a permit to have chickens. Call the appropriate city office and ask. They will be happy you are following the right process.
X2...though we dud have the added steps of an inspection by the officer (who had never inspected a chicken setup and mostly depended on me to assure him all was good, lol, and snapped photos/ took measurements) ....his report went with my application for a vote by the city council.

Back
Top Bottom