Creepy Chicken

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by angelobutter, Jan 16, 2013.

1. angelobutter

angelobutter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2010
    Cornish NH
    Here is my rooster- i got him as a chick with 5 other chicks. I grew them up and when spring came my neighbors dog chewed threw it's tether and came to my house and sadly ate everyone except this poor surviver. since then he has been clingy haha. He peers into my windows while i am on the computer or on the couch. he even stopped sleeping in the coop and would sleep on a stool by the window so he could look in 24/7. I posted a picture of him to facebook and he was instantly dubbed "creepy chicken" and so his life of being a facebook celebrity began. I have frequently updated with new adventures of creepy chicken- one morning i came down the stairs to see him on the top of our woodpile so he could see up the stairs- I titled that picture "creepy chicken has reached a whole new level of creepy" and for christmas I had a few pictures of him peeking around the christmas tree. his most recent stunt was trying to come into the house while i was unloading groceries- didn't even try to sneak in... just walked in as if he owned the place. He also has the annoying habit of crowing at me through the window- no not kidding - literally at me- he will look through all the windows he can reach intill he sees me- then he will crow... am, pm he doesn't care haha. the creepy chicken saga has come to a happy end however- I just got him 10 hens and he has since returned to his coop. he is a happy rooster and i don't have a rooster staring at me all day. win win
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

What a dear! Thanks so much for sharing the story and photos.

Perhaps what he was saying was, "Hey! I need a flock! You in there - either let me in or give me something else to do. Otherwise, I'll just have to be YOUR "Flock Protector, you in the house, there. "

1 person likes this.
  3. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

OMG! Love CC! Lol. He was lonely, just wanted company. Lol, glad he's got girls now. You'll have to change his name.

4. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    He's a lover, that one! Great pictures :)

5. angelobutter

angelobutter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2010
    Cornish NH
    he has had several names before: as a chick he was "Rupert" and then when he started peeking in my window we changed it to "Pox" then facebook friends gave him "creepy chicken" i am not sure what he will end up as in the long run- time will tell

6. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    I reckon CC is pretty good. It celebrates his creepy past, but also segues into his brighter hen filled present. Thanks for the laugh, he was a very very creepy boy for a while there. Hilarious photos!

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] He'll be a happy rooster from now on! Now he has something to crow about!

8. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Awwww...he was just lonely and didn't want to become dog food.... Glad he has some women now to follow.

9. anniesmom1

anniesmom1 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2013
    St. Charles, IL
    Thanks for the laugh. We had 2 of our girls stand at the backdoor and look in for hours like any minute we would let them in to hang out. I wish I had gotten their picture!

10. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    I'm glad he can stop stalking you and look after his own hens now. Those photos are hilarious in such a sad and creepy way.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by