creepy people

Quote:
X2

Some people are just naturally creepy.
Many years ago, we had an intern at work for a few weeks. I had to work with her for a couple days, the entire time my flesh just crawled. She was kind of lazy and disappeared a lot. I did not mind. After she was gone a coworker made a comment about being glad that she was gone. We started talking to others in the dept and found that almost everyone had a visceral dislike of her, and everyone didn't want to say anything (thought they were being unfair). Kind of weird that in a couple weeks none of us could remember her name, but to this day we know the phrase "Montana Girl".

Imp- Maybe she was from a Stephen King book

There is a big difference between not whispering and gossiping about a disabled person(what harlan is talking about), and letting an unknown man who has been following you, come into your apartment.

I don't think that it is a BAD thing to develop a little tolerance and acceptance of the disabled or ill. I don't think doing THAT implies in any way, shape or form, ALSO leaving oneself open to being victimized by crime.

Example 1. You and your friends walk by a guy sitting staring into space at Walmart. When you come out, he's still there, doing the same thing. Your friends start snickering, whispering, pointing, and saying they bet he is a serial killer, or a retard. You say, 'come on, you don't know anything about that person, leave him alone'.

Example 2. A stranger asks for a ride, and you DRIVE AWAY IMMEDIATELY.

Example 2a. A stranger is staring at you in a bar in a way that makes you uncomfortable. You take action. You go back to your GROUP of friends, inform them you need to leave, and you all walk immediately to your LOCKED car which is parked in a BRIGHTLY LIT AREA where there are DOZENS OF PEOPLE WALKING BY. You get in and drive away. You decide as a group to not go back to that bar.

Doing something like in example 1, doesn't automatically mean you are going to put yourself in a dangerous situation and become a victim of crime. They are two very different situations.

I love all humankind too, but that doesn't preclude me swinging a tire iron when I need to.

Every SINGLE person on this thread is offline.
hmm.png
If you want stories about real people that need our help and are creepy at the same time, let me know. I work in public transit.

There are most definitely people who 'trip my radar' and I avoid them, and keep my kids away as well.

Don't know WHY they trip it... not their clothes, they don't have to speak... if you can't find an obvious/logical reason for feeling uncomfy then it very well could be INSTINCTUAL... your instincts tell you to run, it's usually a good idea to listen.

How many stories have we read where the person who'd been attacked says "I had this funny feeling... " but then they ignored it?

Exactly. But in many of the examples given earlier, the person made very critical, key mistakes that are extremely, not recommended. Reading up on safety issues or taking a police or women's safety seminar could help make a person more aware of not putting themselves into harm's way.

It's ironic - people are saying, 'there are creeps that are bad', and 'don't be naive or trusting', but avoiding saying specifically how to stay out of trouble or mistakes they themselves made and what they should have done different.

DON'T PARK THERE. DON'T LET THE GUY IN! I'll stop some kids from ridiculing someone, but I WON'T park my car in a dark spot by a bar and then walk to my car alone after someone bothered me! The consequences of that are pretty obvious! BE CAREFUL! THINK AHEAD!

Being educated about exposing oneself to risk and how not to expose oneself to risk is a lot better than just randomly deciding someone 'is a creep'.

My DH worked with a guy that we had known for years, he was a few years older than us, so was actually in the military while we were in HS, but naturally came back to live here when discharged. Since I was a young teen, this guy gave me absolutely the creeps, I would almost panic when he came around and talked to DH. He "always" included me in the conversation, and would ALWAYS shake my hand. Even DH thought that was bizarre, as you don't usually do that when you know someone for years and just bump into them here and there. He was a notorious womanizer, married a mousey gal that I went to school with, and they had two daughters. One of their own and adopted one . . .oldest girl was a replica of her dad, adopted one was absolutely adorable. This man went to church right down the road from us, had an affair with one of the girls in the church who DID have an adorable husband and two little boys, and when it became known publicly, creep and his family went to a BIG church in a neighborhing town, "because they had more to offer the kids". Uh-huh. I have g.f.'s who felt the exact same way, he would make one of my friends walk down the aisle at the local grocery store where she worked to "get" something for him and he would watch her walk down and back. He is what I call a "cro--- watcher" pardon my french. But he was. He had affairs the entire time he was married, and on his way to a ball game for his youngest daughter, he was killed instantly (decapitated) when he drove through a country intersection talking on his cell phone. Know who he was talking too? The mother of the woman he was having an affair with. Daughter and wife went by and saw the horrible wreck, not realizing who it was, because he had a surprise for the daughter he had told her earlier. A new truck, so that is why they didn't recognize the vehicle involved. The woman he was having the affair with came to the visitation and was run out by the daughters. So much for a happy christian family image. Husband of the woman had NO clue that his BEST friend was with his wife, found out at the funeral home when they made her leave . . .now, he wasn't a "creep" in the terms of most of these descriptions, but nevertheless he was a creep. They come in all shapes and sizes. Even DH admitted he was "different". He also had these ice blue eyes that just would absolutely give me the willies and I would look everywhere but AT him when I did meet up with him.
The kicker was, he and wife was getting a divorce and he had told fellow workers that he absolutely did not want her to get A thing of his, and she ended up getting it ALL. Guess that is a lesson in being careful what you wish for.

And, to me . . .and I heard Oprah say this years ago and it has always stayed in my mind . . . .and I tell my sweet little DS this at least once a week, "if you feel like this isn't right, and something is telling you to GET OUT, that is God whispering in your ear!!!"

Enough said, but I do feel great empathy for people who have no where to go and have to hang out places all day. The way this country is headed, its going to get worse instead of better, and we will see more and more "creepy" people. The one thing we have to remember is, that person possibly could have been your neighbor. We, as a nation, have a tendancy to judge people by how they dress, talk, and look . . .and while I am not saying these people aren't dangerous, look at the famous serial killers. Bundy, even Dahlmer . . .the guy who killed all those years in Kansas . . .three inititals, can't remember for sure . . .went to work, mingled with the public every single day. . .and while some may have thought they were a cog off for some reason, not once for years did someone thing, "gee, I bet he is a serial killer!!!"

I just told DH last night I wished we owned 500 acres and lived right in the middle of it. He agreed.

Quote:
He's INSIDE the store. Just sitting there....watching us. He's MAYBE 17? There's a "rumor" going around that he is the teen that killed his entire family awhile back and that the police department is using our Wal-Mart as his rehabilitation to be with normal people.

There are SEVERAL holes in that rumor:
1. They wouldn't allow him outside of the facility after killing his entire family.
2. They wouldn't allow him in public without being hadcuffed.

I wouldnt doubt that at all.

There is a guy around here that got peeved at his family and set fire to the house and killed everyone on purpose. He was a teen. There is actually a book written about him.. his name is patrick something.. shoot! oh well... ever since ive known * about* him... hes never been in jail or any facility. i think he was also in a mental facility afterwards.

And before Dh even told me about this guy years ago he sent up big HUGE red BANNERS( forget flags!)

When it comes to infidelity, I believe very little of what I hear. Gossip tends to elaborate and exaggerate. If the guy fooled around a lot, he isn't necessarily 'dangerous'. I think it's very important to learn to differentiate between 'dangerous' and 'annoying' or 'disturbing'. In people as well as situations.

I don't know...I've read about some serial killers and it appeared they left clues around for years and years, and if anyone had been watching they would have noticed and done something.

Dahmer was a raging alcoholic, killed and preserved animals, and was a miserable, depressed, mixed up human being for a very, very long time. He was ignored. I am not sure I've ever seen anyone who looked as miserable as him. Yes what he did was horrible, but his problems were obvious for years and years and years. It was ignored.

Virginia Tech student that did the mass shooting, same thing. Family refused to consider he might be psychotic, told people he was 'autistic'. He also was miserable, tortured inside, friendless, isolated, he could barely speak normally, had gone to a psychiatric hospital and BEGGED for help, and was discharged, EVEN THOUGH he was adjudged a danger both to himself and others. This went on and on and on.

Most of these people, they are so obviously troubled and sick and nothing is done, for a very, very long time.

Even the charming ones, if someone connects the dots, it is usually pretty obvious. Usually they have no problem doing so AFTER the tragedies occur!

The problem is, I think, that number one, people can't be forced to accept treatment for mental problems and health insurance, hospitals and officials are all far more geared toward saving money than preventing tragedy, two, that people around them are in denial and don't try to take action, three, these diseases often cause people to actively avoid getting help.

Last edited:
Quote:
Chickens are awesome. With them, you only get insanity... however, I don't like the way my RIRs look at me. The shape of their eyes and the coloration around them.... looks like rage.

Back
Top Bottom