Crele Bantam Wyandotte or no?

Wilson Chickens

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 3, 2013
Scott county KY
Well here I am asking for help again from you wonderful chicken lovers. A neighbor of mine has 2 hens he's wanting to sell for $30. Says they are Crele Bantam Wyandottes. I have no idea if there is such a breed of chicken or not. The only breed I have had experience in is my Golden Comets from last year. I've attached a photo my neighbor sent to me. He says they're around a year old and are already laying.

Not an expert by any means, but I just did a search and it looks like the ones in the photos. Hope that helps.

Thanks Flying Feathers. I'm trying to find out for sure if they are Crele Bantam Wyandottes because another person told me there was no such thing as a Crele Bantam Wyandotte so I don't want to spend the money on them and get something totally different.

Well, the bird pictured won't be laying any eggs as it's a rooster
wink.png

If you're only getting hens, you're not planning on breeding them. So, even if they were mutts, a point of lay bantam pullet for $15 is not at all out of line, money wise. If you have the money and the space, and the birds are pleasing to you, go ahead and buy them. If you like them, it doesn't really matter if they're a breed, or a project, or a mutt.

Thanks doerae. The guy already sold them but he's trying to pass the rooster off as a hen. He told me he had two hens that were laying and that rooster was one of them lol. So anyways back to the drawing board on finding layers.

I bet you could find someone near you on BYC and save yourself the uncertainty of dealing with folks who don't know a rooster from a hen. Check out the social section for the "where am I/where are you" boards. I found a few gems near me just by asking on there.

Well, I wondered when you were talking about laying hens and the picture was a beautiful but obvious rooster. That would be way more of a warning sign not to deal with a person than maybe mistaking a breed, or even working on a project color. Then again, I'm not sure that bird isn't just barred with a lot of red leakage instead of crele.

I'll ask around in the where are you boards and see what I can find. I plan on going to a chicken swap in Lawrenceburg Kentucky the 17th of this month hopefully someone there will have a couple hens that are ready to lay. So far everyone I know that goes to the swaps have baby chicks instead of adults. Thanks everyone.

Back
Top Bottom