Cremation or Burial?

What is your preference?

• Cremation

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Burial

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Both (Burial of your cremated remains)

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Haven't decided

• Don't care

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • None of the above

• Total voters
I vote for natural burial. No embalming, no fancy coffin, no huge headstone, just cover me up and put me in the ground, then plant a pretty plant near by.

I recommend watching a family undertaking by pbs, they have it on netflix, dvd or instant watch.

If my DH and kids die before I do, Im having them cremated, and everyone will be placed in a cute little box/urn so they can forever be with me. I will have a hard time letting them go, so I will keep them.

I am enjoying this conversation. It is so interesting to hear other peoples opinions and beliefs. Keep them coming folks and thank you for taking the time.

Love a duck, that is REALLY freakin awesome!

Wolf tracks I am honored that in your time of grief you took the time to post here.
hugs.gif
and strength sent your way. You just keep writing and we will keep reading
smile.png

I have to vote for burial. I used to say I would go for cremation, but have changed my mind over the years. I want my family to be able to say goodbye and have closure. I think for my family having a traditional funeral with burial would be best simply because I see them being the most comfortable with that. Funerals are really more for the living than the dead. I know you can have a similar service when someone is cremated, but I just don't see my family going for that. My opinion might change again over time if I outlive some of my immediate family, especially my parents. The last few years though and facing life-threatening illness, I have worried how my parents and immediate family would handle it if I didn't make it and I have just not seen cremation being something they would be okay with when it really came down to it.

You can still have a traditional viewing and then be cremated. Your cremains can be at a designated place in a cemetery. Too many cemeteries have had to be moved because of city "progress" or because of flooding. Pet cemeteries are NOT consecrated ground, often they are plowed under when the owners sell or pass on.
Just some of the reasons I'm for cremation.
Slinky

Quote:
Both of my parents were killed in an accident. This what we did. We had the viewing then they were cremated. Immediate family got together to scatter their remains. My sister and I had necklaces made with a bit of the remains. We had the 2 bags mixed so they could be one as they were in life. We can wear our jewelry and nobody has to know we carry a bit of our parents with us.

Quote:
Both of my parents were killed in an accident. This what we did. We had the viewing then they were cremated. Immediate family got together to scatter their remains. My sister and I had necklaces made with a bit of the remains. We had the 2 bags mixed so they could be one as they were in life. We can wear our jewelry and nobody has to know we carry a bit of our parents with us.

hit.gif
I'm so sorry..

Back
Top Bottom