Creole Dorkings????

What a fun project! Thanks for sharing. I plan to work on red,colored and cuckoo dorkings. Maybe eventually I'll add crele. they are so pretty! hope your hubby has a quick and easy recovery.

DH is doing well with his walker and full leg brace, looks pretty comical but I don't dare make fun of him....yet....lol! Excited about getting started incubating again. For some reason my hens have slowed down laying, I would like to try my home made inci and my cheap styrofoam side to side to see how they do. Will have pictures soon of my surviving babies. Have 5 , 5 week olds, and have 5-3 week olds with their mother yet. Was hoping someone would go broody, but no luck yet.

These are pictures of my Dorkings, adults are pure red roos and my (cuckoo roo/red hens) hens. The 5 week olds and 3 week olds are from these adults. Will be incubating more soon...I hope!

New plan! Talking to Kev, he recommends the lighter chipmunk chicks are the ones I need to keep and breed back to the reds, especially if I get one with the cuckoo pattern! So excited and getting ready to incubate more!

Joy, it looks like Lucky not only has a splash of colour down her legs like a BR; but, she seems to have some red coming out on her feathers really subdued in the black. I think she'll be gorgeous; but, she would have been a cull had she not been our only hatch out of the last batch. Mike's gotten totally attached and says she's a keeper regardless of if she's a breeder or not.
gig.gif

I'll try to get some pictures tonight when I get home.

Back
Top Bottom