Creole Dorkings????

Received 24 eggs from Dick Horstman today and they are in great shape! Broke one accidentally getting it out of the shipping foam, So I am going to incubate 23 of his show quality red Dorkings and 22 of my Crele Project eggs in separate incubators! Wish me luck! I plan to keep a line of red, and a crele line! I guess you call this counting your chickens before they are hatched! lol Since I have had some dismal hatches, I have gone over everything to assure the best hatch, but you never know. Wish me luck!!!
fl.gif
The nice thing is that this project no longer depends on me as my eggs have gone out to several wonderful people more talented than me that are just as committed as I am to creating a Crele Dorking.
love.gif

Received 24 eggs from Dick Horstman today and they are in great shape! Broke one accidentally getting it out of the shipping foam, So I am going to incubate 23 of his show quality red Dorkings and 22 of my Crele Project eggs in separate incubators! Wish me luck! I plan to keep a line of red, and a crele line! I guess you call this counting your chickens before they are hatched! lol Since I have had some dismal hatches, I have gone over everything to assure the best hatch, but you never know. Wish me luck!!!
fl.gif
The nice thing is that this project no longer depends on me as my eggs have gone out to several wonderful people more talented than me that are just as committed as I am to creating a Crele Dorking.
love.gif

Did you have to nudge him to send the eggs? Or did he just notify you that they were on the way? I've been waiting for mine since early March. He said he'd ship Mar 25th, but still hasn't. Last he said to me, he was having fertility issues and didn't want to ship with fertility so low. Maybe I should contact him again...Just don't wanna be a total nudnik about it.

Good luck with your hatch!!

Last edited:
Received 24 eggs from Dick Horstman today and they are in great shape! Broke one accidentally getting it out of the shipping foam,  So I am going to incubate 23 of his show quality red Dorkings and 22 of my Crele Project eggs in separate incubators!   Wish me luck!  I plan to keep a line of red, and a crele line!  I guess you call this counting your chickens before they are hatched! lol  Since I have had some dismal hatches, I have gone over everything to assure the best hatch, but you never know.  Wish me luck!!!:fl The nice thing is that this project no longer depends on me as my eggs have gone out to several wonderful people more talented than me that are just as committed as I am to creating a Crele Dorking.:love

:fl

Update on my hatching endeavors...I have 22 project eggs in my Styrofoam inci all developing well on day 7!!! yippee! I have eggs from Dick Horstman (which he warned me had some infertility issues at the moment and I asked him to send anyway) out of 23 in my home made inci, 10 are developing nicely on day 7 even with some wonky air cells. 9 didn't develop at all (shipping or infertility) and 4 blood rings. My icelandics have nicely gone broody and I have 2 of them sitting on 8 project eggs each! I should be in business soon! lol

Sounds like great news
smile.png

Today is weigh and check day for the latest eggs you sent. I'll be sure to let you know how they are doing.
Dick said he'd be sending me some eggs (24 reds and any silver greys he has available) this coming week, so I'm very excited about that
woot.gif

I need to touch base with Jeanne about the eggs supposed to be incoming from her (24 reds and 12 silver-grey). Jeanne's reds are rose comb.

Last edited:
Sounds like great news
smile.png

Today is weigh and check day for the latest eggs you sent. I'll be sure to let you know how they are doing.
Dick said he'd be sending me some eggs (24 reds and any silver greys he has available) this coming week, so I'm very excited about that
woot.gif

I need to touch base with Jeanne about the eggs supposed to be incoming from her (24 reds and 12 silver-grey). Jeanne's reds are rose comb.

I am so jeoulous of the eggs you are getting from jeanne, I tried a few years ago to get some eggs from her and never heard back from her, so maybe she has more eggs now and I can try again! I am so hoping the remaining eggs from Dick will hatch, if I can get a few good roos and hens I will be estactic..I am staying with the rose combs too, since they are dominate, it makes it easier, the single combs (except for Dicks) will be processed this fall, and the rose combs will be kept to breed.

I am so jeoulous of the eggs you are getting from jeanne, I tried a few years ago to get some eggs from her and never heard back from her, so maybe she has more eggs now and I can try again! I am so hoping the remaining eggs from Dick will hatch, if I can get a few good roos and hens I will be estactic..I am staying with the rose combs too, since they are dominate, it makes it easier, the single combs (except for Dicks) will be processed this fall, and the rose combs will be kept to breed.
Well, keep in touch about the red rose combs. If I get a decent batch out of these, I can send you some eggs from her lines no problem. Just have to nudge me to remind me.
smile.png

As for the eggs in the incubator...I have great development on all seven of them. Five were culled in the first week (non-starters/BRs). But, these seven are going strong. So, fingers crossed
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom