Creole Dorkings????

Just thought I'd point out that you will get sexlinks from this mating. I think I mentioned it on another thread though, I can't remember. So from this cross, keep the best male and mate him to some red hens or even back to these hens to get some crele. Keep us updated, I like the look of these birds!

Just thought I'd point out that you will get sexlinks from this mating. I think I mentioned it on another thread though, I can't remember. So from this cross, keep the best male and mate him to some red hens or even back to these hens to get some crele. Keep us updated, I like the look of these birds!

I was wondering if I could breed brothers and sisters out of this breeding? My red hens were rehomed. So I would need to get some nice red pullets from somewhere else.

yes u can breed brother and sister if you need to... just remember that u are getting closer and closer genetically... after a few years u risk starting to run into problems... if it where me i would use both red roosters over as many hens as u could... that way the chicks would have a better chance of being cousins instead of brother sister... also think of bringing in another new line for next year... as you are founding the base for a new verity i would try to make your genetic base as wide as u can so that the ppl that later on get a start from u will have some time before there is genetic problems... or you might consider starting 2 separate lines if u have the room...

once again they are looking great and i love this project... just my 2 cents on it lol...
I was wondering if I could breed brothers and sisters out of this breeding? My red hens were re-homed. So I would need to get some nice red pullets from somewhere else.

Thanks! I do have two Red roos to go with by 7 red and cuckoo crossed hens. I plan on looking for some nice red dorking from another line, but would like to get started with brother/sister or cousins while I wait. I do have room for separate lines as I cut my flock in half to concentrate on this project. I also have 3 pens of icelandics from different lines.

Asum!!! if it where me i would split the hens up in 2 pens 1 rooster in each and start 2 separate lines... i don't know what kind of incubator u have but if u can keep the eggs and chicks separate that would be great... then whenever u add new blood next year just do the same thing and add it to both lines... then about once every 5 years switch the roosters in the pens... then when u sell chicks and or eggs u can collect then from both pens and the buyer can have some genetic diversity to start with...
Thanks! I do have two Red roos to go with by 7 red and cuckoo crossed hens. I plan on looking for some nice red dorking from another line, but would like to get started with brother/sister or cousins while I wait. I do have room for separate lines as I cut my flock in half to concentrate on this project. I also have 3 pens of icelandics from different lines.

Asum!!! if it where me i would split the hens up in 2 pens 1 rooster in each and start 2 separate lines... i don't know what kind of incubator u have but if u can keep the eggs and chicks separate that would be great... then whenever u add new blood next year just do the same thing and add it to both lines... then about once every 5 years switch the roosters in the pens... then when u sell chicks and or eggs u can collect then from both pens and the buyer can have some genetic diversity to start with...

excellant! Will do. I can separate them now, and start incubating in january!

Back
Top Bottom