Crested Cream Legbars and White Legbars

The two yellowish legbars you have are the regular coloring for male legbars.

The yellow one below is now a regular colored rooster. These are from Foxfire as well :)
5F8289CC-1D1C-4074-BA1C-3D0927D133AC.jpeg

The two yellowish legbars you have are the regular coloring for male legbars.

The yellow one below is now a regular colored rooster. These are from Foxfire as well :)
View attachment 2530468
Legbars are supposed to be easily identifiable. That male is very light.
Please help me sex my Legbars!!! I hatched 7 Legbars (2 that are white) and 7 Silverudd’s Blue out of 22 shipped eggs!

View attachment 2527940View attachment 2527942View attachment 2527943View attachment 2527944
To me those look like White Legbars.. But if they are CL they have poor hatch down. They shouldn’t be that light. Males are grey and light brown with a white dot on their head, and females have chipmunk markings with no dot on their head.

DEFAE8F8-A8D9-4E98-9ECC-83D7077A90BD.jpeg

Last edited:
Legbars are supposed to be easily identifiable. That male is very light,

To me those look like White Legbars.. But if they are CL they have poor hatch down. They shouldn’t be that light. Males are grey and light brown with a white dot on their head, and females have chipmunk markings with no dot on their head.

View attachment 2541784
Definitely could be poor colored hatch down. With Foxfires CCLs though, all of mine hatched out yellow. 8 cockerels so far. All have varied in color once fully feathered or matured, but all started from yellow chicks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom