Crested duckling with head tilt

Cyprus

Master of the 'never give up' attitude
Jan 19, 2018
My Coop
My Coop
I have a crested duckling that has a head tilt. Was told it could be neurological.
What is the best way to go about attempting to treat it? Vitamin B, Niacin ?

I'm thinking Vit B.

A head tilt in poultry may be wry neck (torticolis) which can be a vitamin B 1 or vitamin E deficiency. Ducks also require extra nicain (B3) as well. Do you have any pictures? I would get some human vitamin B complex tablets and crush a half a tablet for her daily and put into some food. Also give some vitamin E up to 400 IU daily by puncturing a softgel onto food. A little cooked egg or sunflower seed would add some selenium as well, which helps with uptake of the vitamin E.

A head tilt in poultry may be wry neck (torticolis) which can be a vitamin B 1 or vitamin E deficiency. Ducks also require extra nicain (B3) as well. Do you have any pictures? I would get some human vitamin B complex tablets and crush a half a tablet for her daily and put into some food. Also give some vitamin E up to 400 IU daily by puncturing a softgel onto food. A little cooked egg or sunflower seed would add some selenium as well, which helps with uptake of the vitamin E.
I'm sorry about your ducking Cyprus.
I agree with @Eggcessive I would give Vitamin E and B-Complex as well.
Do you have B-Complex tablets or liquid? You can also use liquid B-Complex which is found in the cattle section of TSC. .20ml direct dose would be good.

upload_2019-7-12_14-28-59.png

I'm sorry about your ducking Cyprus.
I agree with @Eggcessive I would give Vitamin E and B-Complex as well.
Do you have B-Complex tablets or liquid? You can also use liquid B-Complex which is found in the cattle section of TSC. .20ml direct dose would be good.

View attachment 1843010
I have the tablets. I don't have vitamin E.

Anyone? Getting Niacinamide in 500mg pills tomorrow. Will be dosed down to 100mg per gallon

I have B complex pills and egg. No Vit E supplement.
Here's a picture -the tilt is slight.
20190711_112309.jpg

Back
Top Bottom