crested polish pictures

What is the difference in the tolbut and the crested? Your birds are awesome. I love the gold color, my are all silver but the second one has alot more silver.

I believe that Tolbut is a color scheme of the birds and crested is just that they are crested with the feathers on their heads.

I had a terrible time trying to keep my two looking clean. But just didn't happen. One even got an eye infection once because she'd keep getting dirt in her eyes from the feathers on her head!

My two Polish are my friendliest, but I think it's also that they seemed to have the strongest urge to be up high, on anything. They are 6 weeks apart in age, so they didn't pick up this habit from each other. They were always on my hands/arms, first to fly to top of brooder, first onto the roosts in the henhouse, etc. I just use that to my advantage, giving them treats when they fly up onto me, making sure that I am the holding my hand higher than any roosts. Only problem is that they keep trying to go from my hand to my head (don't like poo down the back of my head). My Sebrights also like to be high, but aren't quite as brave.

Well, my Polish sure isn't that pretty. She's got a big bald spot on the back of her head. I try to keep the no peck stuff on it but it just melts off in the heat. The feathers that are there are full of black goo, but it won't stay on the bald spot. I have an add on the "buy~sell~trade" thing trying to find her a new home where she won't get picked on so much.

Anybody on this thread near Northern Cal want her? She's 10 weeks tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom