crested swedish x muscovy..anyone know what they'll look like?

spish

De Regenboog Kippetjes
13 Years
Apr 7, 2010
Belgium
so all 10 of my white 'scovy girls are now laying, and i just know some are gonna 'hide' there nests good enough for me not to find them. my plan was to let two or three hatch out a nest, the rest of the eggs i take.

but...along with my big muscovy drake, i have a crested swedish drake and an indian runner drake in the field...and ive seen them busy with the girls(!)

so i know the cross ducklings will likely be infertile but am guessing will make good meat birds?

im curious though if the crested swedish will pass on his 'crest' to any ducklings? methinks they're going to look cute and i could perhaps better sell them as backyard crosses (of course informing people they'll be infertile) but they'd look cute in the garden :) would any of the female offsprings lay eggs or is that a no no with mule ducks?

so all 10 of my white 'scovy girls are now laying, and i just know some are gonna 'hide' there nests good enough for me not to find them. my plan was to let two or three hatch out a nest, the rest of the eggs i take.

but...along with my big muscovy drake, i have a crested swedish drake and an indian runner drake in the field...and ive seen them busy with the girls(!)

so i know the cross ducklings will likely be infertile but am guessing will make good meat birds? Yes and most of them will be boys

im curious though if the crested swedish will pass on his 'crest' to any ducklings?

I don't think it will but it's possible.

methinks they're going to look cute and i could perhaps better sell them as backyard crosses (of course informing people they'll be infertile) but they'd look cute in the garden :)

would any of the female offsprings lay eggs or is that a no no with mule ducks?

No because it's a mule duck. If it was the other way around then it would be possible

Back
Top Bottom