Have any of you ever had khaki Campbell x Muscovy crosses? How common is it? What did they look like?

Mine still did a quieter peep but my Mule duck will quack if she is really upset or scared. It is a loud quack too but she has to really be upset to do it. Otherwise she is just quiet.
One time when I was gathering eggs she quacked her head off like they were her eggs. They say though that Mules don't lay, only Hinnies do so I don't know what her problem was.

My Mule had a Muscovy Dad and a Mallard Bred Mom, Hinnies have a Muscovy Mom and a Mallard bred Dad. Hinnies can lay eggs, Mules do not. I had three Mules hatch. They had the heads of my Rouen Hen and the huge bodies that looked like their Muscovy Dad.
I ended up with two Drakes and one Hen. I actually fully assisted her out of the shell and she is my friendliest and biggest pig Duck. The two Drakes I had to rehome, they were huge and over mated my Hens tearing off their feathers and hurting them.

So I've been told that any duck crossed with Muscovy will be infertile because they are different species, since Muscovy are not ducks. Just something to consider when hatching out the babies. I have one cross with a Runner/Pekin cross that i did not mean to hatch out so i kept the only living duckling. His name is Napoleon and he is infertile and for this reason I've kept him and i don't let them mix with my ducks and hatching out their eggs anymore lol. My Muscovy/Duck cross looked and looks 100% Muscovy but seeing how mama had Pekin in her (I say had because she sadly came up missing 4 days ago without a trace, completely out of thin air😭😭😭) but with the Pekin breed in the mix, Napoleon is the LARGEST bird i own and have ever seen but the absolute sweetest to any human, to any other other birds however not so much he. In fact he always tries to kill the drakes and is too rough with the hens. He even put 2 of my other birds in the hospital and one technically never fully recovered and now has almost a seizure like issue, although, he does l lives a 95% normal life even with his issue. Regardless Ducks/Muscovy/Crosses are all the most amazing birds and i personally couldn't ever live without them. I love them a). I wish you and your birds the best of luck. I'll edit with a photo of Napoleon later!

So I've been told that any duck crossed with Muscovy will be infertile because they are different species, since Muscovy are not ducks. Just something to consider when hatching out the babies. I have one cross with a Runner/Pekin cross that i did not mean to hatch out so i kept the only living duckling. His name is Napoleon and he is infertile and for this reason I've kept him and i don't let them mix with my ducks and hatching out their eggs anymore lol. My Muscovy/Duck cross looked and looks 100% Muscovy but seeing how mama had Pekin in her (I say had because she sadly came up missing 4 days ago without a trace, completely out of thin air😭😭😭) but with the Pekin breed in the mix, Napoleon is the LARGEST bird i own and have ever seen but the absolute sweetest to any human, to any other other birds however not so much he. In fact he always tries to kill the drakes and is too rough with the hens. He even put 2 of my other birds in the hospital and one technically never fully recovered and now has almost a seizure like issue, although, he does l lives a 95% normal life even with his issue. Regardless Ducks/Muscovy/Crosses are all the most amazing birds and i personally couldn't ever live without them. I love them a). I wish you and your birds the best of luck. I'll edit with a photo of Napoleon later!
My Mule ducks were the Sweetest also. They still claim that the Muscovy though is a duck even though it is a different species. They are infertile but I don't care about that because my Lucky that is my Mule makes up for Sweetness and is the leader of my pack. I think she would go after anything that would get into the pen to protect herself and the others. The man that took my two Mule males was very happy to get them as a friend of his had always wanted Mules. The two drakes that hatched out with her were brutal to my Hens and that is why I rehomed them. Lucky is my biggest duck but her Dad was a 15 pound Muscovy and was even bigger than she is. He was the size of a Goose and she is not far behind that size.

I had my khaki slip into my Muscovy pen one day...time babies came around, I ended with one mixed baby out of the bunch. He looks like a Rouen duckling, but my muscovies are black and white, so I often have ones that look like that. I wasn't sure at first who was pure and who was not, but the mixed one was a tad bigger in the beginning, and a couple weeks later it was SUPER apparent. The mixed one is growing so fast! He is 3 times or more the size of his pure siblings from the same nest. He's a beast. Practically as big as mom at 4-5 weeks old. I am shocked at how fast they grow...now I'm considering doing it on purpose with one Muscovy hen for some really fast growing meat! The pure muscovies actually take a long time to grow out. I see why people purposely cross muscovies and pekins. Haha

I had my khaki slip into my Muscovy pen one day...time babies came around, I ended with one mixed baby out of the bunch. He looks like a Rouen duckling, but my muscovies are black and white, so I often have ones that look like that. I wasn't sure at first who was pure and who was not, but the mixed one was a tad bigger in the beginning, and a couple weeks later it was SUPER apparent. The mixed one is growing so fast! He is 3 times or more the size of his pure siblings from the same nest. He's a beast. Practically as big as mom at 4-5 weeks old. I am shocked at how fast they grow...now I'm considering doing it on purpose with one Muscovy hen for some really fast growing meat! The pure muscovies actually take a long time to grow out. I see why people purposely cross muscovies and pekins. Haha
Yes, my Muscovy crosses grew very fast. They claim that the meat is leaner and more of it. Mine is a pet and I am not sure what happened with the two boys I rehomed. Some people claim the liver is very good in the Mules and Hinnies. I am glad you can tell what yours is. Mine has the Rouen looking head and the huge gray body like the Drake. Mine were Rouen Hen and Muscovy Drake crosses. I knew when my Mallard Duck left the nest at 28 days and I went on to incubate the eggs for 35 days and the eggs were white and not like hers, green, that I had crosses. The female I kept is a big as a Goose and rules the Duck pen. lol

How common is it for Muscovies and Mallard-derived breeds to cross? Is it less likely to happen if there is a muscovy drake around? I did not separate my muscovy duck from the khaki Campbell drake, I don't think the drake would have bred her because for whatever reason the Muscovies sort of keep to themselves. But I suppose there is a chance that it could have happened. I put a few khaki Campbell eggs in the nest with the muscovy eggs, I know khaki ducklings will be brown and the muscovy ducklings yellow, but what would a khaki x muscovy duckling look like?
We have had several hybrids from our male Muscovy and Harlequin. The offspring can quack like female ducks but they also communicate like Muscovy's do. They are bi lingual ducks

Back
Top Bottom