***Crevecoeur Thread***

Pics
Quote:
Mine are done...roo is in FULL molt!
sickbyc.gif

I can see if I can get some updated pictures of my young pullets though...

Pictures from today...not very good--it's been cold & wet out...and my rooster is molting HORRIBLY bad right now...

So here are my young pullets...(out of dozens hatched, I kept the best three)...
DSCN4917.jpg

DSCN4915.jpg

DSCN4913.jpg

DSCN4910.jpg

DSCN4909.jpg

DSCN4919.jpg

And good ol' Mrs Puff!
smile.png
She's my 3 or 4 year old Creve hen...VERY funny & talkative!

Showing her lovely beard!

DSCN4914.jpg

Last edited:
Just found this thread and I have 1 nice hen and several uhhh with yellowish color
My roo also has this coloring
Should I cull him and get more all black or are they exceptable

Depends what you're keeping them for? Pets or for Breeding?
smile.png

If you're looking to breed them then you probably don't want that "Gene" in your flock, but if you're having them just for pets then it really doesn't matter! If you have them to breed then don't cull her, I'm sure somebody will take her for a pet/laying hen.
smile.png

Any pictures??? I've never heard of a "yellowish" color. I think that a possibility for breeding is to get a nice roo and that should reduce or get rid of the "yellowish" color in their offspring.

I have some roosters for sale right now; all of them 2009 birds from Sandhill stock.

* 2 good ones, one of them friendlier, sleeker and somewhat larger than the other
* 1 friendly runt who is not a breeder but would make a cute pet
* 1 iffy guy, although he has a twisted beak he also has a very good, full crest, beard and comportment, so he could contribute positively to a breeding program... only $10
smile.png
(or talk me down)

They're on eBay classifieds... just google "Crèvecoeur rooster" and they all show up. Although I'm in Indiana I'm happy to ship them wherever.

A word about the photos: Molting was still in full swing when I put the ads up, so some of the birds appear to be partly defoliated in their pictures
tongue.png
I will have up some better photos sometime in the next week when I'm satisfied that most feathers are mostly in.

Best regards, exop

Back
Top Bottom