***Crevecoeur Thread***

Pics
Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
Beautiful -
thumbsup.gif

thank you! I just took about 25 more pics that I'm uploading to Photobucket, too!
smile.png

ok, "Boggy Bottom Bantams", I finally got a chance to check out your website. OMG..I was totally in Awe. It is A wonderul set up and I am so jealous now....85 chickens (36 D'Uccles alone) and I want more. how did you decide which breeds you wanted to focus on? I will check out the website again next week..this week was hectid...but I am thinking you are the man to get my ideas and turkeys and crevecoeurs from...

Thanks D'Angelo

Well, I looked to see what was in demand and very rare to start with, that way, I could pay the feed bill with them at least (which is up to $600 a month now)
Then from those, I picked the ones that I just personally like the appearance of and whittled it down from there. But every thing had to be in bantam, I dont like standards too much.

I always loved the quail d'anvers, and the rarer the better with me. Then I found out years ago they came in colors other than quail, so, there I went, I have a bad, " I GOT TO HAVE THEM ALL" habit when it comes to birds. Now, several years later, I'd dare say I have more d'anver varieties than anyone else in the country, 20 colors and still counting as I continue to create them.

I also liked the crested breeds, they just looked cool, so I got a lot of polish then, very mild tempered in all breeds there, so that was a big plus.
After playing with those and getting to know a lot of crested breeders, I found the crevies, and houdans in bantam as well.

The other main love I have is longtailed bantams, so naturally, the phoenix and sumatras were next. Got some excellent blood lines in those.
My phoenix roos are coming 2 now and are still in their original blood feathers. Planning to add several new colors in those this fall, from the same breeder, her quality is unmatched.

As for the turkeys, well, I'm a turkey hunter, so the wilds were a natural choice for me, not to mention, there's now rare in this country than the merriam and osceolas. They alone pretty much cover my feed cost threw the year, and are gorgeous birds.

So that's pretty much it. I looked for rare stuff that would sell easily and for a good worth wild price, picked the ones That looked great to me, and grew from there... still adding now I'm working on the peafowl, and next year ornamental pheasants, use to have 20 species of them and 100 species of migratory waterfowl. Hope to get them all back in coming years....

Well Boggy, I am Majorly Impressed!! And I look forward to seeing what else you will have next year at this time. I am sure it will be plenty of whatever it is.. Good Luck!

D'Angelo N Va. :

Well Boggy, I am Majorly Impressed!! And I look forward to seeing what else you will have next year at this time. I am sure it will be plenty of whatever it is.. Good Luck!

haha, thanks
and yep, probably so.
I have 12 pens full of F1 color project birds right now to finish up working with next year, and plans to start on about 12 more new ones.
Never ends around here​

Quote:
Are you a breeder? If so I can add you to the breeders directory at the beginning of this thread. They do look like devils!

How are everyones birds? Mine has stopped laying, is molting, and her leg mites are finally beginning to leave! Yay!

Back
Top Bottom