Critique my Barred EE please?

M To The Maxx

Baseball+Girls=Life
10 Years
Jul 24, 2009
Lutz,FL
37500_sam_0009.jpg

Our Barred EE Oreo. Just would like other people's thoughts.
smile.png

Last edited:
Well, she's a nice combination of both breeds. I would say her leg color and body shape favor the Barred Rock, but she's definitely bearded, like an EE. Her comb looks to be a combination of the two breeds.

She's lovely!

Quote:
Agreed!

I also have a mutt EE roo, with a "comination" comb kind like that. Not sure if he carries enough of the blue egg gene to throw green layers, but I'm thinking about breeding him just to see what his daughters might lay! (well, it's an excuse to hatch more eggs, right??) He's supposedly 1/4 Americana the rest Buff Orpington, and his sister laid green eggs so there's a chance. hehehehe

What am I supposed to be grading here?
wink.png

All I can say is, pretty mutt, but that comb is verging on a single comb. The next outcross will undoubtedly lay brown eggs.

Personally I like my birds not so skinny in the production-layer type body, but that's me. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I love my Barred EEs, which are all BR rooster over blue Ameraucana hen. Riley and Panda are half sisters, both have the same mother, my Charlotte, but their sires are brothers, Zane and Dutch. Both lay green eggs, Panda's is dirty olive and Riley's is sort of a bluish green.

I personally like that BR/Ameraucana cross. Both mine have pea/single combo combs. Your girl has a nice beard, Maxx.

Panda, daughter of Zane and Charlotte
DSCN0111.jpg

Riley, daughter of Dutch and Charlotte.

DCP_4354.jpg

Quote:
Thanks Speckledhen. I love Riley! Have you tried crossing your BR with a Black Ameraucana instead of blue to get better barring?

Back
Top Bottom