Crochet 2009 Fall Hexagon swap. SIGNUPS CLOSED

I just came across this thread and I would love to swap--haven't crocheted in a while. Is the swap for just plain hexagon shapes that are 6 inches? I never saw any pics of what might be expected and I didn't know how intricate all of you are getting with your designs. Also, is this going to be light FALL colors like sage greens, rusts, yellows or are you talking anything goes (lime green/hot pink
big_smile.png
). LMK--I'd love to be in on this one!

Quote:
mcjerdensfarm glad to have you, the hexes are any pattern you want to use and they all don't have to be the same pattern. Just as long as they are hexes and at least 6 inches. You can make them bigger if you want to but no smaller than 6. As for the colors, most of us agreed that bright colors would be better. I know its going to be a FALL swap but I guess this is not going to be traditional. Some people in the swap might know some really advanced patterns but then some of us, like myself, will be making simple patterned hexes cuz that is all I know for now. Maybe I will learn more as I go.

Last edited:
So are you saying I can go with lime green
lol.png
--or do I need to tone it down to a nice, bright grass/kelly green? Color suggestions: yellow, turquoise, red--just don't go dark, correct? I can do this!!!! Count me in
celebrate.gif
!

Quote:
I got on youtube and watched a video and now I know how to make hexes! They aren't elaborate, but they are hexes!

I'll have to check it out. Thanks

Yes that is how you do it katiesarahsmom. It is cheaper if you get the off brand sandwich bags instead of the expensive ones. I used a permant marker to wright my name on each in the last swap. Others used name tags they put inside the bag.

Back
Top Bottom