Crochet! 2010 Spring Fling Floral Square Swap!! CLOSED!

Very cool! Do you remember how much you paid for it? You are cracking me up that you bought a few more books to NOT pay postage. I can relate. I hate to pay postage on anything.
lol.png

I paid $12.32 and that was new. Used would be cheaper but you'd pay as much for postage to bring it up to that amount anyway.

I'm trying to decide if I should order it or just bite the bullet and use a coupon to get the Hard Back version from Borders. It's only $18. something (I think), can't remember the exact cost. I'm so lazy when it comes to ordering online.

Thanks again Red for sharing the cool book!

I'm playing around w/ a new floral design, since I have the required 8 finished. I wasn't happy how the first one turned out, so my second attempt I tried a diff color and added another round to the edge. I thought the 3 dimension flower looked BIG in the center needed a bigger edging to balance it out. LOL!! I'm still not happy w/ it, so going to make a few provisions now that I kind of know the pattern. I think the flower's center circle looks to BIG also, so going to make the beginning starter circle smaller. I'll keep everyone posted.

I love doing swaps b/c it forces me to learn or 'attempt' to learn new patterns. Not to mentions the pretty surprises you get back in the mail. Kind of like your B-day or Christmas all over again.

Very excited!
Keep on hookin ladies~

Hope everyone has a great day!
Kim

That's how I felt about the daisy pattern I used for this one block I just finished. It overwhelms the block. I think the center was too big also so am going to attempt another but with a smaller center and see if I can't make the daisy itself smaller.

If I went to Borders or such I'd have to drive a minimum of 76 miles so I more or less have to order online or wait until we go to visit DH's daughter or mine.

Quote:
Oh I totally understand about ordering it. I've ordered several things in the past from Amazon when I haven't been able to find them. I know ordering on-line is great if you have to drive that far. Whew, 76 miles is a long way to drive for anything. Are you tucked away in the country? We have a small piece of property on a nice wooded lot, but civilization is just a few miles away.

Good luck w/ the daisy.
clap.gif
I can't wait to see everyone's designs. It will be a nice surprise. I want to try that new pattern again for my next eight, but have lots & lots of cleaning to do first. Oh yea, and laundry. You would think that 10 people instead of 3 live here.
lau.gif
Geeze!

I know what you mean about laundry. There is only two of us...how I kept up when I had my children home(7) I don't know. Yes, I do.....I didn't have time for my hobbies.

We live in the high desert in CA There is a town 15 miles from us right next to the Navy Base. (yes, there's a navy base not near water-a weapons training center). It has motels, resaurants, drug stores, repair shops and even a KMart and Walmart but no department stores, Michaels, JoAnn's. We have 2 quilt shops loaded with fabrics and quilting supplies but their prices are very high so I wait until we go to Lancaster, 76 miles, Bakersfield, 89 miles (DHD lives there so we can visit as well as shop, Visalia, 158 miles but my DD lives there and I can visit the grand kids or we could go to Los Angles about 145 miles away.

Hello!!!!
frow.gif

Just want to drop by and say hello. How are all the swappers doing?

I started my second round of a different design, but have to put them down for a few days to crochet some more dish clothes for a B-day present. I hope after I finish the second round of 8 to have time to try another design before our deadline. I can't wait to see everyone's beautiful spring flowers.

I'm almost finished with my second set. I think I need two or three more. I'll finish them in the car tomorrow as we go to Las Vegas to see my daughter. She lives in NC but is being sent out there by her union for some kind of training. She'll be there three days but we'll visit with her tomorrow after plane comes in and through the evening and then take her to breakfast on Thursday. We'll drive home then. It's a four hour trip there and four back if the traffic is normal.
I can't wait to see everyones flowers either.

I think I'm almost finished w/ my second set also. I'm still working on the dish clothes to put in a theme basket for my friend's B-day party on Thur, but I can get back to my floral squares by this weekend.

I hope you have a great trip! Enjoy your visit w/ your daughter.

frow.gif
Hi there!

Greetings from Smitty's Farm (aka Kim)

Just wanted to stop by and say hello and see how everyone's floral squares are coming along. I love participating in swaps, b/c it forces me step out side the box of my comfort zone and learn & try new designs.
celebrate.gif

Where is everyone???
idunno.gif
I hope everyone is having as much fun as I am making them. I'm so exciting about receiving them.
bun.gif
jumpy.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif
bun.gif

It will be truely a big surprise since no one has posted any pictures of their work.
pop.gif
I have thought about posting pics of mine, but kind of like they mystery of not knowing. I love surprises!!!!
bun.gif

baustin, I forgot to tell you that I bought the same motifs book that you bought.
ya.gif
The one that red posted. It's a hard back copy, but the price wasn't to bad since I had a 30 percent off coupon.
ya.gif

I haven't had time to try anything out of it yet, but looks really cool. Actually one of the square designs looks like the same design I did for my second round for this swap from a different book, but won't tell ya unless you really want to know to keep it all still a mystery. It looks like it, but haven't compared each designs step, plus I tweaked my design a little also.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day~

Back
Top Bottom