CROCHET "grab bag" swap (February)

Seeing the variety of things people come up with is fun. I hope we have another grab bag swap some time. Meanwhile, I'm hooking flower squares these days.
I'm still finishing up my grab bag gift so I can get back to the flowers. Work, cooking and homework (sons) keep getting in the way. You notice I did not say housework that should get done too, but I can avoid that by crocheting.
big_smile.png

Thank You Bama1!!! I got a pretty purple shawl/lap blanket that I will put to good use as I am person that gets cold all the time. The coin purse is super cute! (can you share the pattern for the coin purse I'd like to make my daughter one?).

Thank You Bama1!!! I got a pretty purple shawl/lap blanket that I will put to good use as I am person that gets cold all the time. The coin purse is super cute! (can you share the pattern for the coin purse I'd like to make my daughter one?).
My mother actually made these, I will ask her, but I'm pretty sure she will say, "Oh I just made those up as I went. "

I received my gift from Bama1 a couple of days ago but have yet not been able to get a picture. I hope to do it today. It is a lovely ensemble of hat, dickie and earrings plus a little purse. The purse is so sweet. It has a penny in it. Thank you, Bama1.

I received my gift from Bama1 a couple of days ago but have yet not been able to get a picture. I hope to do it today. It is a lovely ensemble of hat, dickie and earrings plus a little purse. The purse is so sweet. It has a penny in it. Thank you, Bama1.
You are very welcome Alethea. My daughter is loving HER gift from you. LOL

Last edited:
Has everyone mailed thier items? They should all be mailed by today or tomorrow. In post 1 I said to have them in the mail by the 29th ( I am apparently making up my own calendar days LOL )

Thats ok. I used your moms as a model and came up with something close, I hope your Mom doesn't mind.
Perfect! Thats also what she said.... Just look at it and make up something close. She is an old-school crocheter. My daughter is like that as well, just makes things up as she goes. I like to have a pattern to go by though.

I'll be mailing my tomorrow. Had the flu for 3 weeks and then my oldest son got it. Didn't want to transfer the sickies, so I had to wait. All the stuff that people have swapped already looks good.

Back
Top Bottom