Crochet Square Swap - Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
My very favorite thing to go with morning coffee is my chat with fellow hookers!!! You guys are sooooo great!! I love the new babies!! Congrats to both new chicken mommies...cutie pies!!! Might not want to tell them their mom's are hookers, they could get teased alittle by the other chicks, loL! Like the red duct tape idea Shelly, whoo hoo, clever!! I only got one done last night before my eyes slammed shut and it was 5:15am again!! I keep telling my husband I would make such a nice stay-at-home wife if he would just win the lottery for me!!! Until then, unfortunately...off to work! Hope everyone has a terrific day and gets alot of hooking done. If ya'll get a chance, try to check on the few on the list we never hear from..you know, those closet hookers and see how they are comin along...plenty of time for the May1st deadline but I think there are a couple we haven't seen on the corner, lol! at all. Thanks a bunch and have a really great day!!!!!!!
wee.gif

I hear you on Commie-Mart!!! 5 years, except for a midnight emergency car battery....Oh, and when my MIL orders CROCHET thread, and I have to go pick it up!!! I tell her I wear a special cap lined with tin foil so the subliminal messages don't sink into my head!!!

Got 29 squares done!! I have slowed down a bit.... the chicken and horse chores seem to be escalating. I better get busy and finish up, before lawn and garden chores REALLY kick in!

Thanks to all the hookers for a lot of FUN!!

Nancy

Hard to keep up with all the news posts, but I'm still here crocheting away!!!
smile.png
I think I have like 5 or 6 done, but I'm working away! I can't wait to try out some new patterns later!
smile.png

yuckyuck.gif
greentree, I might have to try that tinfoil hat thing.
lau.gif
well I moved my soon to be new arrivals to the hatch last night, and I hooked about 4 more blocks till about 11:30 and decide I was too tired to go on. So it was a busy night last night. And as soon as i got to work there was people waiting for me at the door, So I haven't got much done, but I am going to spend alot more time tonight and try to get out about 15 squares before I go to bed. Well read ya'll later and keep hookin them blocks ladys:yiipchick

Mawchickkidie

Y'all would be proud of me. I finally learned the actual granny square pattern. All these years I couldn't master it and now I have done it. I lost another chick today. It was walking around eating and then *boom* on the ground dead, just like the last one. I have never seen that before. We have until 5/1 to mail these, correct? I have 6 variegated squares due to mail on Monday for another swap and a baby blanket needed on Saturday.

Can I make a giant granny square baby blanket? Anyone see any problems with this?

1.5 done. Gazillion more to go.

Y'all can thank our Dentist who called to work in two of my kids for cleanings today when they had a cancellation - 2 hours in the dentist office waiting on your kids will really help you get something done for your crochet swap!

Update....2 done!!

DSCF1607.jpg

Do you see the angels?? The pattern is 'Angels around the world'

Last edited:
jc,

One year for Christmas I made afghans for everyone that were one big granny square. I used a Q size hook, and 3 strands of fluffy yarn at a time! Everyone seemed to like them!

That WAS 23 years ago, I was pregnant, and poor, too!! Still poor!

Nancy

Not pregnant though, right?

lol!! Thank you gawd she's not pregnant and hooking, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lau.gif

Arlee!! You've been holdin back on us!! Those squares are Gorgeous!!!! Wow, everyone is doing such a great job, I am so impressed!

Sorry about your chick jc, no idea why that happens but it seems a good bit of folks talk about it happening to them..sorry!
hugs.gif

I hace finally figured out how to let everyone know whose squares are whose!! I will stack them, tie them together and make a list (ie: 1st square = Jacie, 2nd square....)...then you will know who made what square! ...been worrying about that, lol!!!

Well ladies, happy hooking!!! Talk to you all tomorrow;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom