Crochet Square Swap - Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shelly, I got you covered on the rest of your squares.

You better take it easy or your "Hooking" days will be over for good AND we certainly can't have that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol.png

Teri/TB

Thank you Teri! I am just sooo.....upset. I really was having a ball making these and I had the yarn and pattern to make my self a tank top when I was done.
hit.gif

Shelly: If Darlene needs some more I can always pitch in and do some more. You just take care of yourself!!

Jacie

Between us, we've got you covered Shelly...don't be sandin on that cast anymore girl!!! Crazy hooker, can't believe you did that, lol!!!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif

Anyone that wants to do more than their required 20, that'll be super...not required to, but more would help a few hookers out, lol!!! Thanks ya'll...so much fun and such a great group...can't wait to see what gets made with all these squares...I'm sure a tank top would be good for hookin, lol!!!!
wee.gif

Jacie, if you do anymore, send 'em the cheapest way and don't send me anymore return postage, you're def. covered
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
LOL then you won't belive what I did this afternoon. The white around the hand was getting dirty looking and I was at the craft store soooo. I bought some red duck tape and covered up all of the white around the hand.
lau.gif

I longer have any sharp edge and it does not look dirty!
lol.png

K&H Chicken Farm :

I longer have any sharp edge and it does not look dirty!
lol.png

Well now that was a pretty sharp idea!
wink.png

On the wal-mart thing - being a member of a sewing charity, this is a hot topic. Many of us charity folks had a huge letter/call/email campaign to corporate headquarters lobbying to keep fabric in walmarts.

Here's what I know from talking to our local guy here in our store, along with what I've gotten 2nd hand from another crafting charity director in the area who talked to the corp headquarters.

Early in 2007 (or sometime before that - the rumors started hard and fast in early 2007) the decision was made corporate wide, to eliminate cut fabric from a lot of stores, especially the smaller ones. They also planned to end live pet (fish) sales at most stores also.

They will keep the craft department in stores, but may size down significantly there as well. Several ones in our area (Charlotte metro NC) have had cut-fabric removed already. Basically the fabric doesn't have a very good return per square foot based on the amount of space it takes as well as the high labor costs to have someone there to cut and measure.

The guy who works the cutting table at our local one here (Concord, US29) told me last spring that July 1, 2007 was the last day for fabric in that store. Then there was such an outcry to the corporate office that they decided not to get rid of ALL fabric but just at some stores.

The worst thing about all of that is that Wal mart came into a lot of these communitities that had their own fabric stores - either chains like Hancock or JoAnns, or mom-and-pop stores. Their prices on fabric were so much lower, that they ran a lot of these places out so that Walmart was the ONLY place around to get cut fabric and crafts. Now walmart stops selling fabric, and because of them there is no other place to find it.

Hobby Lobby was also rumored to be getting rid of fabric in their stores. I called them myself and was told that they were not getting rid of ALL fabric, but would be downsizing the selection to the more 'staples' and home dec, and carrying less speciality fabrics like bridal, etc. True to their word, our local HLs have really slimmed down their fabric sections to the basics - more like what Walmart sells - and no longer have such a large selection of garment fabrics.

Quote:
somad.gif
Thats Wal-Mart for you-they are so bad for our economy I just cant stand it-I try not to shop there but being on a tight budget I sometimes do go there to get something as cheaply priced as possible-otherwise I would never set foot in that store

Woops O Sorry I dont want to get going on a negative tone here- well I got 6 squares done now!!!
wee.gif
I am trying to do one a day and then I will have 36 to send in before the time is up
smile.png

I was so upset this afternoon. I have all my yarn in little duffel bags, divided according to colors, brights, darks, etc. I went in to see what I had left in my brights duffel and found all that was there was a small skein of white. So, I took the duffel down off the shelf, and went to fold it up, and realized I had stuffed the side pockets with smaller balls of yarn that wouldn't fit into the larger part!
yippiechickie.gif

So, I have about a dozen misc. balls of brights, and off to do more squares I went.

Em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom