Crooked leg

dragonlair

Songster
11 Years
Apr 29, 2008
Maine
Yesterday I noticed one of my almost week old chicks had a bad leg that I hadn't noticed before. The leg seems to be twisted at an odd angle/sideways form the body. I felt for a break or dislocation but I don't feel anything. She can't use that leg to walk on, its just flops, but she gets around pretty well with her stubby wings and good leg.

Is there anything I can do for her?

I have no idea how to correct that. I am very sorry for your little one. It sounds as though she has adapted to her injury. I would make life as easy as possible for her: low food/water containers that are close together so she wont have to travel too far, soft shavings to avoid scratches/cuts & have her warmth close by too. Other than that, I do not know.

Maybe someone will know what to do.

I have the same situation, a chick that is 3 days old and is struggling around on one leg, the other leg seems bent and occasionally spasms and we are not sure what to do, she is eating & pooing, all fluffed up, it's just her leg that is the problem.

Mine is eating and everything, looks fine except for the leg. She lays down a lot because I'm sure it bothers her to walk around with a floppy leg, but other than that, she acts like a "normal" 10 day old chick.

Back
Top Bottom