Spraddle leg? Or no?

NewbieLearning

Hatching
Nov 28, 2023
I’m not sure of what to do. It seems like she’s only using one leg to really support her body and the other is only to walk if she has to. When she’s standing one of her leg goes to the side.

I thought it was spraddle leg so I started the bandaid since day 1
She’s 4 days old now and it hasn’t changed.
And yes the bandaid is moslty on. But it’s still to the side. She walks just fine. But she lets that one leg to the side.

Attachments

• IMG_0862.jpeg
    IMG_0862.jpeg
    841 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0860.jpeg
    IMG_0860.jpeg
    619.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0859.jpeg
    IMG_0859.jpeg
    711.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0854.jpeg
    IMG_0854.jpeg
    466.7 KB · Views: 8
I would continue the bandaid and also give her some vitamins, about a quarter of a B complex tablet and a 400 i.u vitamin E capsule. You can mix it into her diet. Any brand from the grocery store

That does look like spraddle leg indeed - I take a bandage and cut the side edges off of it and the ends off so it looks like a rectangle. Then put the white part of the bandage between the chicks legs and wrap each side of the bandage around its legs and attach it to the white part. I would also superate this chick away from the others because it will not be able to walk well at all with the bandage split on and the other babies could trample it in the process of trying to get better.
That's what I always do when a chick like yours hatches out of my incubator. It works every time for me - hopefully it will work for your beautiful baby chickie!

Back
Top Bottom