JayQ

Chirping
Aug 5, 2023
North Carolina
My Coop
My Coop
Hello friends,

May i please ask for your help?

My baby chick Chip (2weeks old today) used to have spraddle legs, I caught it on the 2nd day so fortunately it is now fixed. But her toes seems a little weird. Here’s a picture and Chip video link for observation..

Do you know if this is a problem? It’s not curled but kind of curvy.. Since day 1 the chicks water includes poultry cell and B complex as I learned the hard last year after losing my Polly to leg problem.

Appreciate your help as always! ❤️🌸

Thank you in advance!

JayQ

IMG_8836.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8832.jpeg
    IMG_8832.jpeg
    423.3 KB · Views: 2
She has crooked toes which can be due to incorrect incubation, genetics, brooder floor being too cold, etc. There's no correction.

https://poultrykeeper.com/skeletal-muscular-nervous/crooked-toes/
Hi! thank you for your response. I hatched 15 chicks only this one (Chip) has splayed leg and curled toe as you call it.. when you say no correction do you mean no cure like putting cardboard and kind of turning the toes straight? this one video from youtube said it can help, wondering if anyone has tried this.

Curled is different from crooked.
Hi! I am sorry I’m not a natural english speaking person, I thought they’re similar. But now that you mentioned it, I think i know now the difference, I’m embarrassed honestly 😅. So on chickens is crooked toes something that if cannot be fixed and not affecting the ability to access food and water, chicken can live quality life?

I’m at the moment working on a DIY coop from my daughter’s old loft bed, and have one nail that is crooked (not curled LOL) so I think I understand better now. Thank you so much for kindly pointing that out 🤗.

Hi! I am sorry I’m not a natural english speaking person, I thought they’re similar. But now that you mentioned it, I think i know now the difference, I’m embarrassed honestly 😅. So on chickens is crooked toes something that if cannot be fixed and not affecting the ability to access food and water, chicken can live quality life?

I’m at the moment working on a DIY coop from my daughter’s old loft bed, and have one nail that is crooked (not curled LOL) so I think I understand better now. Thank you so much for kindly pointing that out 🤗.
Oh, I'm sorry!
Crooked meand that they're twisted a bit by curled means they are curled like the chicken is making a fist.
It won't affect her in life, most chickens have one.

Oh, I'm sorry!
Crooked meand that they're twisted a bit by curled means they are curled like the chicken is making a fist.
It won't affect her in life, most chickens have one.
No need to apologize my friend and I appreciate your kindness very much! I am so happy Chip has a chance of quality normal chick chick life ❤:love Hope you are having a wonderful weekend! 🤗

I hatched 15 chicks only this one (Chip) has splayed leg and curled toe as you call it.. when you say no correction do you mean no cure like putting cardboard and kind of turning the toes straight? this one video from youtube said it can help, wondering if anyone has tried this.

So on chickens is crooked toes something that if cannot be fixed and not affecting the ability to access food and water, chicken can live quality life?
Crooked, not curled. :)

https://poultrykeeper.com/skeletal-muscular-nervous/crooked-toes/

vs.

https://poultrykeeper.com/skeletal-muscular-nervous/curled-toes/

Back
Top Bottom