crop bound need help!!

packobeagles

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 20, 2012
kansas city, missouri
My polish crested who is molting was acting sluggish and not eating much. I finally thought to check her crop and it feels like there are pebbles in there and is not emptying. I can move it around, it is not super solid but not slushy either. Her poos are white and watery. She is drinking and I have given her some coconut oil and massage over the last 24 hours but have seen no progress.
I have seen that you can use Colace for crop bound chickens. Does anyone know how to administer these??
Please help. She is my favorite girl.

Well I went to the pet store and got aquarium tube and a syringe. I tubed watered her twice today and will continue tomorrow. Should I still give her yogurt and coconut oil if she'll eat it? Her poos are all still water but the last poo had a really tiny brown clump of grass, so that gives me a little
hope.

Well I went to the pet store and got aquarium tube and a syringe. I tubed watered her twice today and will continue tomorrow. Should I still give her yogurt and coconut oil if she'll eat it? Her poos are all still water but the last poo had a really tiny brown clump of grass, so that gives me a little
hope.

That's good thinking on your part! I would let her eat small amounts of soft foods if she wants and keep tubing water.

-Kathy

Well, she has not wanted to eat since I started tubing water. This morning her crop was really hard this time(before it felt like bean bags). I think she pooped mostly liquid over night but there looked to be a tiny amount of brown with material. I tubed more water this AM and massaged the crop. I may let he hang with her pals(while I watch) and see if she she'll eat some yogurt/mash with them when I get home from work. I don't know what else to do at this point :(

Back
Top Bottom