Crop

I used to have coconut oil and of course don’t now! I will get some. I never really thought about maybe gizzard problems now. She has been in a dog crate just like you said. She seems a bit confused on why she’s there. I don’t know how long to keep her there. Until she lays an egg? Here are some photos
How did her crop feel this morning before eating or drinking anything? I would give some chilled coconut oil cut into small pieces to peck, up to 2 tsp daily. Offer some scrambled soft egg with a little water in it. Crop problems are not always fixed that easily, and can move on to gizzard problems. Does she have some poultry granite grit available in a container in the coop? Take picture of some poops. A dog crate with food and water and bedding or puppy pads can be put in your coop or run to keep her, where you can monitor food, water, and poops, and any eggs she lays.
Her crop felt good today. She has access to grit which she ate some a few days ago but I haven’t observed much as of late. Currently outside to get some fresh air and she seems kind of energetic.

Was the crop completely empty this am? I would check it again in the am before she eats or drink s anything. Is she standing more upright than usual, or is it just the picture? You can let her out if she is more comfortable, but keeping her up is better to control what she is eating and if she is laying. Can you post a picture of her droppings tomorrow?

Was the crop completely empty this am? I would check it again in the am before she eats or drink s anything. Is she standing more upright than usual, or is it just the picture? You can let her out if she is more comfortable, but keeping her up is better to control what she is eating and if she is laying. Can you post a picture of her droppings tomorrow?
That is the picture! I thought that too after I took it! The crop was empty this morning. She did eat egg today. Seemed to enjoy it too. I have been just sitting around watching her so I can see if she goes to the bathroom. Here was her latest dropping tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_7873.jpeg
    IMG_7873.jpeg
    675.8 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom