Crossbreed Chickens, Wondering What Breeds They May Have In Them

Chickem

Hatching
Aug 18, 2015
I've had these two bantams since they were chicks, I got them from a local farm. They're both very beautiful but are both quite afraid of people. The farmer I bought them from simply told me that they were bantams, with no specifics on which breeds. I know for sure that the white one (named Cotton) has a lot of Silkie in it (black skin, white feathers, five toes), but I'm unsure regarding what else is in it or what at all is in the brown one. The brown chicken (named Cinnamon) I think may have some Brahma but that's just me guessing. They're both about 5-6 months old, they both have feathered legs, and they both have these little whitish-grey dots on their cheeks (you can see it better in Cinnamon but they both have them).

Like I said, they're both just little bantam mutts that I bought and I think they both look beautiful. Just curious about their lineage
smile.png

Also, if anybody thinks they can tell their genders, I'd appreciate that, too
roll.png
As I stated earlier, they're about 5-6 months old!

And then this is a picture from when they were younger, but it better shows Cotton

Both females. I would agree that cotton is part silkie (great name btw) What else she is I'm not sure.
I think Cinnamon is part D'uccle....

Both females. I would agree that cotton is part silkie (great name btw) What else she is I'm not sure.
I think Cinnamon is part D'uccle....

Thanks for the help! Glad to hear that they're female, we already have two roosters on the farm!

But yeah, Cotton is definitely strong with the Silkie lineage, but I've never even heard of a D'uccle! Very interesting breed, I did a quick google search and there are definitely some strong resemblances. I'm very curious as to where their little white cheeks came from, I know a few breeds have them.

It's also worth noting that I do recall a hen being in the pen with them at the farm, but whether or not she was the mother I'm not sure. There where A LOT of chicks running around in there. However, I do specifically remember that she was quite little, had white cheeks as well, and was Cinnamon's color. She also had feathery legs, possibly also a mutt.

Thanks for your reply!

Back
Top Bottom