crossing a game rooster with a dominic hen

it will be a while i got to let her be there like a month be for i incubate the eggs so it will be like 2 months till chicks...if everything goes as planned!!!

Quote:
I think two weeks of being covered (mated) by game rooster will be adequate to ensure virtually all young sired by him. Will save you some time.

k thanks

Quote:
As chicks (as hatched) -
Males will be some what black or all black either way they will have a white spot on there head and Females will be solid black and with out the white spot.

Chris

Quote:
Clint,

You are doing something very similar to my efforts. Keep you progress updated. My crosses involving games will be with American Game as sire. I was hoping genes promoting white tail of adult game might promote a more distinctive sex-link marker.

Jim

K,

Can do you have a way to track, using marks or tags, individuals chicks from hatch until adulthood?

Quote:
Clint,

You are doing something very similar to my efforts. Keep you progress updated. My crosses involving games will be with American Game as sire. I was hoping genes promoting white tail of adult game might promote a more distinctive sex-link marker.

Jim

K,

Can do you have a way to track, using marks or tags, individuals chicks from hatch until adulthood?

Hi I think I remember us talking about your set up little while back, I believe we were discussing with another member about making a crele looking bird using Brown Leghorns and Dominiques or just trying to make a better laying bird that has the features of the Dominiques. But no my set up wouldnt be near as intensive as what you were describing. Just simply an American Game rooster with a few Dominique hens. No single matings and tracking chicks and all that. They would just be for an F1 cross just like any other sexlink and just hope they inherit some of the good American Game traits. But they would be just for selling hatching eggs, chicks, and started pullets to anyone wanting what I'm hoping to be a slimmer, great laying, hardy pullets.

Quote:
Clint,

Jim

K,

Hi I think I remember us talking about your set up little while back, I believe we were discussing with another member about making a crele looking bird using Brown Leghorns and Dominiques or just trying to make a better laying bird that has the features of the Dominiques. But no my set up wouldnt be near as intensive as what you were describing. Just simply an American Game rooster with a few Dominique hens. No single matings and tracking chicks and all that. They would just be for an F1 cross just like any other sexlink and just hope they inherit some of the good American Game traits. But they would be just for selling hatching eggs, chicks, and started pullets to anyone wanting what I'm hoping to be a slimmer, great laying, hardy pullets.

Clint,

That would be me. No leghorn will go into mess into other than from California grey. My goal is to generate a true breeding line that lays better and matures well for a 16 week harvest age. And yes, survives better under free range conditions. Pure doms are idiots when it comes to predators and hard rains. My birds by design will be disqualified as American doms but will out produce them.

Back
Top Bottom