Crossing Buff with BBS Orpingtons

momma's chickens

Songster
11 Years
Mar 10, 2008
Idaho
I have been searching and found some info but was curious if you cross the two of these, what the babies would look like? I have a blue roo and a splash roo. The blue is in with two blue ladies and the splash is in with the egg laying flock. There are some buffs in there so I was wondering what the babies look liked if I hatched them?

I have one. He- she is only two weeks old so I can not be sure. I call it bandit. Around the eyes it is buff, the fuzz was all silver splash color but I noticed today that the wing feathers have started comeing in buff. It is big. But then its Daddy ,Suedes splash son is hugh too. I did not realize I had picked up one of the buff orp eggs to put under the broody. I only picked up 4 eggs. She hatched three of them. One was not fertile.
I have one black hen, I believe ,1 splash boy and one mixed. The mix was not intentional. Gloria Jean

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your reply. I wanted to breed my blue orp trio but my blue roo is not interested in the ladies and if he is, he is no good because none of the eggs are fertile!

This is what some of my Orpingtons ended up looking like from a blue orp roo with buff orp hens.
2 orange/brown and 1 brown/grey pullets
5806_dscf0073.jpg

Blue/Buff
5806_dscf0086.jpg

Black/Buff
5806_dscf0120.jpg

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Like Tony's, I have this boy.
I have let him breed back to a Buff, a Splash and a Black. BUSTOFF's mom is from a well known Buff Orp breeder. And my hopes is to make a Black or Blue version of this breeder's line.
Originally this was not my plan. But the BUS is too nice a type to not try. I have 5 of the BUS's babies ( 3 Blacks and 3 Blues), and plan on more.

378407597.jpg

Last edited:
Lildinkem- Bus is nice, I like his color.
smile.png

Storm- Thank you, the brown grey I liked best, because when she was younger, the grey pattern on her breast was hearts shaped.

I love the cross colors that orps will give ya. I have two buff eggs in the bator right now that are a cross with my white orp rooster. Can't wait to see what they turn out like!?!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom