Crossing my Red Ranger Hens.

Pics
https://www.delish.com/cooking/reci.../easy-crock-pot-chicken-and-dumplings-recipe/

One of my all time favorite meals.

upload_2019-7-16_20-17-45.jpeg

So now I have 6 month old chickens I do not need for a breeding project anymore and they eat way too much to justify keeping them around as eggers. One is also a male so he has to be processed. At 6 months am I looking at a pressure cooker or crock pot meal or can I still fry them?
View attachment 1847100 View attachment 1847101
all the females in the left picture and the male on the right. I might keep 2 of the females because their pattern is almost columbian and they can be used as mothers for sex links in my sex link Pen. I want to sell Barnyard Sex Link hatching egg mixes on craig's list where every egg is a mix but it's either a Black or Red Sex link.
Those are all pretty chickens! I'd offer to take the roo if I could. Hope he makes a good meal!

I bought a trail cam to see what is going on with my flocks when I am not out with them, and see how much differently my chickens act when I am not around to weed out the aggressive cockerels for dinner first. The one naked neck who was kept from camp freezer was caught at the feeder so I saved the video. He is getting fairly large at 15.5 weeks. A lot of his younger brothers are real jerks though so they may go to camp freezer before they reach 5 pounds.

I bought a trail cam to see what is going on with my flocks when I am not out with them, and see how much differently my chickens act when I am not around to weed out the aggressive cockerels for dinner first. The one naked neck who was kept from camp freezer was caught at the feeder so I saved the video. He is getting fairly large at 15.5 weeks. A lot of his younger brothers are real jerks though so they may go to camp freezer before they reach 5 pounds.
He looks like a solid citizen! The time at the feeder is showing . . .

IMG_1734.JPG IMG_1741.JPG IMG_1724.JPG IMG_1727.JPG

Thought I would share some pictures, currently hatching out 3/4 dorking 1/4 Red Rangers. Inside the cage are the ones with the cross as the father, outside the cage are the ones with the cross as the mother. and the above pictures are the parents (missing pure bred dorking females, they were laying eggs and dust bathing.

Size differences are showing up in the 3 week old Dorking x (Dorking x Ranger) ... in the freshly hatched (Dorking x Ranger) x Dorking chicks we have 1 red one. This doesn't show up in the reverse breeding. The chicken Calculator told me this would happen so there is no shock. Not sure what to do with the Red ones, breed them or eat them? Maybe I start making Red Dorkings? I believe Buff can show up from this hatch too. The Father shoots all sorts of colors.

View attachment 1849686 View attachment 1849688 View attachment 1849690 View attachment 1849691

Thought I would share some pictures, currently hatching out 3/4 dorking 1/4 Red Rangers. Inside the cage are the ones with the cross as the father, outside the cage are the ones with the cross as the mother. and the above pictures are the parents (missing pure bred dorking females, they were laying eggs and dust bathing.

Size differences are showing up in the 3 week old Dorking x (Dorking x Ranger) ... in the freshly hatched (Dorking x Ranger) x Dorking chicks we have 1 red one. This doesn't show up in the reverse breeding. The chicken Calculator told me this would happen so there is no shock. Not sure what to do with the Red ones, breed them or eat them? Maybe I start making Red Dorkings? I believe Buff can show up from this hatch too. The Father shoots all sorts of colors.

It look's like you can come up with all sort's of colors when you start the mixing!

Back
Top Bottom