Crossing my Red Ranger Hens.

Pics
View attachment 1897175
The nice Naked Neck that was spared the trip to camp freezer, He has the Recessive white trait which should come in handy, and he is half Red Ranger so he is plenty meaty.

What a handsome young man! Did he come from the white Turken rooster and full Red Ranger hens?

What a handsome young man! Did he come from the white Turken rooster and full Red Ranger hens?
yes he did, the Father is Recessive white which is perfect for crossing, I can get the full pattern genetics from the Mother, and if he breeds with his own offspring I get either or. No leakage worries. He was a blessing to find on Craigslist.

Yes, that is what I have. I looked at the calendar again. They are 4 and 1/2 weeks old today. I will keep you posted as to how they finish growing out.
Yes please do, and any other meat crossings or experiments. It would nice for us all to know a good way to keep a sustainable meat flock. I am really liking these freedom Ranger types of birds (although I have never had an official freedom ranger). I would never start a meat business with them but I sure like the idea of feeding myself with these various types of sustainable birds.

That is where my red broilers came from. So far they are doing well and with no special treatment. Looks like I am getting 2 to 3 eggs a day from the 3 of them.... not big eggs but I am putting them in the bator just in case
My Red Rangers started off with small eggs, they slowly became bigger and bigger. Same with their offspring. I was noticing today that my Dorking X Ranger crosses are now laying Jumbo eggs.

I am far away from the coast, we won't even get a cloud from this one
I was wrong, we got a few clouds... a nice breeze (usually we have stale stagnant humid air) and cooler temps. Not a drop of rain though. Hurricanes circulate the air further inland and often bring in drought ending rains. Without them the weather here would be hot, humid, breezeless, and no rain.

Back
Top Bottom