Crossing my Red Ranger Hens.

I doubt it, there will be a homeless period as I shop for the ideal place to spend the rest of my life. I may stay at a bargain hotel or I may live in my van, either way I won't be able to have chickens. I do want to complete breeding my Naked Necks with my CX and get hatching eggs out to others who may want to make and improve meaty Naked necks. Hopefully I can get hatching eggs back from someone after I get a new place to settle.

Well, I hope that you stay in touch. These last egg's that I got from you are due to on the 6th. I got 2 more new NN hen's today. One is a cream color, but the other one is sort of brownish red, and has black on the tail, and tips of the wing's, similar to your Red Rangers, but she has darker leg's. She was hatched this past spring. The cream colored one is her mother, but she's bigger than her mother is. I have never shipped egg's before, but once you get settled again I would be willing to try to ship you some. You have helped me, and I know what you are trying to do with them. It will be awhile yet even for me to get these bred and going to see what they put out as far as the chick's go. Both of these hen's have the bib's.

I doubt it, there will be a homeless period as I shop for the ideal place to spend the rest of my life. I may stay at a bargain hotel or I may live in my van, either way I won't be able to have chickens. I do want to complete breeding my Naked Necks with my CX and get hatching eggs out to others who may want to make and improve meaty Naked necks. Hopefully I can get hatching eggs back from someone after I get a new place to settle.

I hope you find a great new homestead. In the interim, I am going to greatly miss hearing about your various hatching projects.

Even though I quit breeding/hatching I do need to finish up my reports on the birds....

Its been about 20 weeks since I hatched the 3/4 Dorking 1/4 Red Rangers... They are not very hardy, growing very slow, and not looking healthy compared to other birds hatched at the same time. Next time I fiddle around with a heritage breed to breed back to a Red Ranger or other Alternative meat bird I will go with Dark Cornish (or another color pattern).

The Cornish X have made it 16 weeks old. One is getting very heavy but very active the other seems light in weight, not sure if its lack of feed intake or if she is sick. They look to be the same size but their weights are way off.

The Rhode Island White X Red Ranger is growing fast, I have 2 and one is much larger than the other but both are larger than other birds from their hatch.

I haven't been taking pictures because the lack of hatching and the getting rid of birds is a bit depressing. So much fun to build up coops and flocks, not so much fun to take them down.

Even though I quit breeding/hatching I do need to finish up my reports on the birds....

Its been about 20 weeks since I hatched the 3/4 Dorking 1/4 Red Rangers... They are not very hardy, growing very slow, and not looking healthy compared to other birds hatched at the same time. Next time I fiddle around with a heritage breed to breed back to a Red Ranger or other Alternative meat bird I will go with Dark Cornish (or another color pattern).

The Cornish X have made it 16 weeks old. One is getting very heavy but very active the other seems light in weight, not sure if its lack of feed intake or if she is sick. They look to be the same size but their weights are way off.

The Rhode Island White X Red Ranger is growing fast, I have 2 and one is much larger than the other but both are larger than other birds from their hatch.

I haven't been taking pictures because the lack of hatching and the getting rid of birds is a bit depressing. So much fun to build up coops and flocks, not so much fun to take them down.

I figured that you were being quiet here in the thread because you were trying to get thing's in order for your move. Are you doing ok, otherwise?

Back
Top Bottom