Crossing Projects: Goals and Results

these look like the black breasted malay's my parents have (these are not theirs_)
MalayBBRCkl.JPEG
MalayDkP.JPEG
Malays were used in the development of the Dark Cornish,( Indian Game)
also for the Modern Game bantams. That is why I am crossing the Modern Game bantams
to the Dark Cornish bantams to get the traits I am looking for.
Mark

I just started a new project I picked up a Dark cornish roo and crossing with barred rock hens. Will start collecting eggs next week.

I just started a new project I picked up a Dark cornish roo and crossing with barred rock hens. Will start collecting eggs next week.

I had some dark cornish pullets that were running loose last summer. My neighbors barred rock came up and crossed with them. All the chicks came out barred with a pea comb. You will create barred cornish out of them.

Actually, since Barring is sex linked, it matters whether the BR is the roo or the hen.
since you are using DC roo over BR hens only the male offspring will be barred
hens will be black with maybe a little red leakage
- Walt

I am getting ready to breed some Naked Necks with a Phoenix!! I am excited to see what we get. This is my first breeding experiment!

I am getting ready to breed some Naked Necks with a Phoenix!! I am excited to see what we get. This is my first breeding experiment!

I am doing something like that but I am crossing a showgirl to some bantam sumatras to make a dark skin naked neck sumatra.
big_smile.png
I will have enough eggs to put in the incubator in a few days.
Mark

Hey Duckboy, I’m crossing the same kinds of birds myself. Except I’m crossing a Barred Rock Bantam roster/male with a Cornish Bantam hen/female. I just picked up three barred rock bantams two months ago so it will be a few months for me. I’m hoping they come out all barred and a good strong body that lays more eggs than the Cornish do. Kind of like the Super Bantam we all want!
jumpy.gif
I’ll let you know how it comes out if we are still on here in about 6 months or how ever long it takes. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom