Crossing Projects: Goals and Results

Any pics of F3's yet

She does I'm sure she'll be on later. she's working this weekend I'll try to remind her if she doesn't see this oK

Jeff

I might can find a link to them over on another thread I will post it if so.

Here is some go over here to this thread and look around theres quite a few pics of her projects from the start till now Show off your Delawares
post #11851 of 11946
7/1/12
  • kathyinmo
  • flock_master.v1323720405.png
  • Nothing In Moderation
  • My Coop
I hatched a few more yellow chicks.
smile.png

These are F3s

Last edited:
I crossed my Cream Brabanters and Silver Spitzhaubens for genetic diversity. If I had more room, I'd see if I could get Silver Brabanters and Citron Spitzhaubens. They have them in Europe but not here.

I am going to start a new project as soon as my birds start laying. They were hatched out in march so it should be soon. I am going to cross some showgirls with my sumatras. The goal is to create a naked neck purple skin sumatra. It will take a little while to get rid of the fifth toe and feather legs but I will in time. I think they will be a neat bird from this cross.
Mark

I am going to start a new project as soon as my birds start laying. They were hatched out in march so it should be soon. I am going to cross some showgirls with my sumatras. The goal is to create a naked neck purple skin sumatra. It will take a little while to get rid of the fifth toe and feather legs but I will in time. I think they will be a neat bird from this cross.
Mark
Nice..

I am breeding a crested naked neck. I have an f1 naked neck X red crested red polish pullet,a blue naked neck with a small crest(silkie blood) that I hatched out from Dipsy Doodle Doo,and a crested naked neck pullet that I bought an a local poultry last night. These pullets will be bred to polish roosters,both frizzled and non frizzled.​

Last edited:
I think I'm going to work on Cream Spangled Appenzeller Spitzhaubens and Silver Spangled Brabanters. Both colors are available in Europe, but not here. Since I have Cream Brabanters and Silver Spitz, it seems the logical thing to do.

I hatched 11 Silver Kraienkoppe x Silver Phoenix eggs out of the incubator yesturday. I was trying to create a bird that looks like a Satsumadori oriental gamefowl. I will post pics later.
Mark

I am also starting another project. I hate the short stubby legs on the dark cornish bantams that people breed now. I love the pictures from the late 1800s and early 1900s of the dark cornish with an upright stance and long legs like oriental gamefowl. I am going to cross my dark cornish bantams with my modern game bantams to try to recreate the original pattern of the Indian Game.

By crossing these two breeds I should get the type I want.
Mark

I am also starting another project. I hate the short stubby legs on the dark cornish bantams that people breed now. I love the pictures from the late 1800s and early 1900s of the dark cornish with an upright stance and long legs like oriental gamefowl. I am going to cross my dark cornish bantams with my modern game bantams to try to recreate the original pattern of the Indian Game.

By crossing these two breeds I should get the type I want.
Mark
these look like the black breasted malay's my parents have (these are not theirs_)
MalayBBRCkl.JPEG
MalayDkP.JPEG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom