Crossing Projects: Goals and Results

Thanks I just got my white rock roo and getting buff cornish hens on sunday for the other half of project.

So Dark Cornish roo X Barred hen = F1A
White Rock roo X Buff cornish hen =F1B
then

F1A X F1B = will cull and keep for fast growing white feathers or at least yellow skin heavy meat chicks

Wat an awesome thread...finally!! when people hear wat im doing with the show quality birds that i have they not very happy..wat can i say i love it.. my goal is to create a game fowl that is rather large eg O Shamo but flighty and agile like an OEG..i started with exactly that OEG Male and Shamo Hens and below are 2 Cocks i selected and decided to move to the next phase..

I am in the process of crossing the guy below with Sumatra hens

and then was thinking of crossing the top roosters with the hens i get from the bird above which is malay cross shamo cross Sumatra hens..
clap.gif
Please feel free to tell me if you think im mad or feel free to give me suggestions

Okay here is my Red project.
I'm wanting to have the shape of the Ameraucana/Easter Egger. I'd like to improve on the size of the bird (that will come later). Haven't totally decided if it should be blue/green eggs or brown.

First cross: This rooster (I called him a Blue-Tailed Red).

Crossed to some Production Red hens. Just your everyday hatchery reds.

This is two of the offspring:

I have another 4 also, but they're not the type I'm looking for, although I'll use them in the program. One of them has a peacomb, so should be useful and the other three hopefully will produce some more of the type I'm looking for. The two pictured are also peacombed.
These are currently 15 weeks old. When the time comes to make the next cross I have a Red (black tail) to breed to them.

Last edited:
Okay here is my Red project.
I'm wanting to have the shape of the Ameraucana/Easter Egger. I'd like to improve on the size of the bird (that will come later). Haven't totally decided if it should be blue/green eggs or brown.

First cross: This rooster (I called him a Blue-Tailed Red).

Crossed to some Production Red hens. Just your everyday hatchery reds.

This is two of the offspring:

I have another 4 also, but they're not the type I'm looking for, although I'll use them in the program. One of them has a peacomb, so should be useful and the other three hopefully will produce some more of the type I'm looking for. The two pictured are also peacombed.
These are currently 15 weeks old. When the time comes to make the next cross I have a Red (black tail) to breed to them.
Quit working on this. Lost to many pullets and did not have the room to continue.

Thanks I just got my white rock roo and getting buff cornish hens on sunday for the other half of project.

So Dark Cornish roo X Barred hen = F1A
White Rock roo X Buff cornish hen =F1B
then

F1A X F1B = will cull and keep for fast growing white feathers or at least yellow skin heavy meat chicks
You still around? Are you still working on this? Pictures please.

Back
Top Bottom