Crow attacked my quail!!!

Quailophilic

Songster
Jun 27, 2020
Pakistan
Today, a crow tried to attack and carry my quail. Foutunately, he could not do so, but he pulled out a lot of her feathers. She seems apparently fine, with no visible injury, but she is very frightened. She was always afraid of me but today she won't run away from me. I can pick her up. She is not eating, not drinking, just panting(or whatever you say it) with wide open mouth. She is standing still in her place and eyes fully attentive. She won't move. Also she is doing watery poop(more like solid poop in water) What should I do???
And she has started laying a few days ago.
Is she going to be okay??

Attachments

• IMG20200713110236.jpg
    IMG20200713110236.jpg
    717.8 KB · Views: 83
I was studying in my room and my brother came to tell me that the quail had laid a shell less egg. Some what like in this picture, before i could capture, other hens ate all the egg.
Is this due to stress.???
Her yesterday's egg was quite hard shelled.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-07-13-13-00-36-09.png
    Screenshot_2020-07-13-13-00-36-09.png
    100.2 KB · Views: 34
Probably. She may stop laying eggs for a while. But not nessesarily.

I had two cases of mobbing. Terrible wounded hens. The first layed eggs non stop, the other stopped laying. I am not sure, if I remember right, but I think the last egg was also shell less.

I don't have any Mealworms here.

Maybe you can collect some grashoppers or some flies. Animal protein should be part of the the diet from time to time anyway.
I got a little mealworm farm for my quails, the are crazy about them.

P.S.: Didn't mentioned it in my post before, the other hen started to lay eggs again, after 2 or 3 weeks, don't remember exact.

Maybe you can collect some grashoppers or some flies. Animal protein should be part of the the diet from time to time anyway.
I got a little mealworm farm for my quails, the are crazy about them.

P.S.: Didn't mentioned it in my post before, the other hen started to lay eggs again, after 2 or 3 weeks, don't remember exact.
Ok i will try to catch as many flies and wasps as I can.
Wasps come to drink water on my quails' waterer, and my quail love to chase them and many times they catch the wasps while they are drinking.😜

Maybe she aborted the egg??
Probably.

Ok i will try to catch as many flies and wasps as I can.
Wasps come to drink water on my quails' waterer, and my quail love to chase them and many times they catch the wasps while they are drinking.😜

Mine either, ... I am always afraid, that they will be stinged inside 🙈 , but nothing happened yet :fl

Back
Top Bottom