Crow attacked my quail!!!

It is probably a raven, not a crow. Crows are small and much less predatorial. I have had ravens kill full grown chickens. And if your in the USA like me you can’t kill em. The best thing is to keep the quail Locked so nothing can get em.

It is probably a raven, not a crow. Crows are small and much less predatorial. I have had ravens kill full grown chickens. And if your in the USA like me you can’t kill em. The best thing is to keep the quail Locked so nothing can get em.
Yes i know ravens can do that, but this was a house crow that attacked the quail. I saw it with my own eyes. Since it was small, it couldn't pick the quail up.

Last edited:
The best thing is to keep the quail Locked so nothing can get em.
I cannot keep them locked up. I tried once, but they started fighting and pecking at eachother. I only lock them up at night. During the day time, they are free to move around the house so they can dust bath, run around,have an exercise and importantly look for and catch bugs and insects. They seem to enjoy the freedom life.....

I cannot keep them locked up. I tried once, but they started fighting and pecking at eachother. I only lock them up at night. During the day time, they are free to move around the house so they can dust bath, run around,have an exercise and importantly look for and catch bugs and insects. They seem to enjoy the freedom life.....

Wow, I like that 🥰

And they do not escape? This is the first working free range example I read about for quails.
Of course it is similar with children ... they have to go their own way from a certain point and the dangers of the world are always possible.

How difficult is it to get them back in the evening?

Totally thumbs up for this courage 👍👍

Wow, I like that 🥰

And they do not escape? This is the first working free range example I read about for quails.
Of course it is similar with children ... they have to go their own way from a certain point and the dangers of the world are always possible.

How difficult is it to get them back in the evening?

Totally thumbs up for this courage 👍👍
I keep their feathers trimmed. And no neighbors' cats are allowed in my house. Not even a stray cat comes into my house idk why.
At night they all gather up in the grass bed(or whatever you say). All i have to do is to pick them up and put in their cage. Thats it.
And, they love spending time with their house-sparrow friends that live in the Bougainvillea.

IMG_20200714_131852.jpg selfie IMG_20200714_132005.jpg hanging out with friends IMG_20200714_131839.jpg another selfie IMG_20200714_131928.jpg Imma eat that thing!!!😜 IMG_20200714_141241.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom