Crowing pullet?

The size of that bird is the biggest clue . It also has pointy saddle feathers of a different color than the pullets and it crows. Some people would give it the benefit of doubt and wait it out
yes he is huge. He has huge legs and feet. His legs are bigger than all my adult chickens including the barred rock hens. This would be my very first rooster if I choose to keep him.

ok I see that is very helpful. Now that I think about it he doesn't have as much lacing as the other wyandotte which is a hen. Are wyandotte roosters nice? I'm having a dilemma on keeping him now. I don't want him to hurt the girls or be mean.
I've had a wyandotte rooster, He was nice and I would consider friendly. He liked his girls, but was a good rooster - showing them treats, hanging out in the nest box with them while they layed, etc...
But, that was my experience - every rooster is different of course.

Out of curiosity what is it that you are seeing to considering her a cockerel? besides her crowing and the huge size that she is she looks the same as the other wyandotte just different color.

He has some solid colored feathers which girls don't have. He also has pointed saddle and hackle feathers growing.

ok I see that is very helpful. Now that I think about it he doesn't have as much lacing as the other wyandotte which is a hen. Are wyandotte roosters nice? I'm having a dilemma on keeping him now. I don't want him to hurt the girls or be mean.
I have heard mixed experiences regarding Wyandotte roosters. You'll just have to wait and see if he stays friendly.
He shouldn't hurt the girls unless he is especially rough while mating.

I've had a wyandotte rooster, He was nice and I would consider friendly. He liked his girls, but was a good rooster - showing them treats, hanging out in the nest box with them while they layed, etc...
But, that was my experience - every rooster is different of course.
so far he is fine but he's only 12-13 weeks old.

I have heard mixed experiences regarding Wyandotte roosters. You'll just have to wait and see if he stays friendly.
He shouldn't hurt the girls unless he is especially rough while mating.
If he is he's gone. His crow is kind of muffled. He sounds like a Kazoo if you know what it sounds like. Will his crow get louder or is this what his crow will always sound like? He's no louder then the hens laying eggs

Back
Top Bottom