crowing roo....not mating?

Tsagirl

Songster
12 Years
Dec 9, 2007
Springfield,OR
Ok I have 2 silke roos. They both are crowing, yet the Buff Silke mates the hens and the white silke just crows!
Will he ever mate?
The two roos are buds and hang out together and sleep together so I dont have a rooster problem.
Is my White Silke roo broken??
gay?

big_smile.png

Could be the lower roo and gets kicked off when he tries, or most likely, does it when you don't look. I had a trio of black silkies, NEVER saw them mate, but my, every last egg was fertile and when ever set I got 100% hatches.

Could it be that one roo is still young? I have four roos (not by choice) and 3 try to mate my hens and one doesn't. Coincidentally the roo that doesn't try to mate appears to be the smallest and may be slightly younger and just hasn't gotten there yet.

Well,

What is so funny is my White one is the same age as the Buff(they are hatching buddies). But I was thinking that yea he might be just not as developed enough. LOL!

He is also BIGGER then my Buff Silke roo! HA! Butt he seems to be the less dominate of the 2. He always just hangs back and lets "Leo" do the rooster job.

Chickens are so weird.
tongue.png

I am getting fertile eggs though....so I guess I should not worry eh?

Back
Top Bottom