Crud! I have been snared in the net of NAIS...

Hi all y'all!
Ahhh,the US Constitution! I miss the time when that document actually stood for something worthwhile!

Very well said Speckledhen. It is a shame really that you are too honest to be in politics.

I'll sign up for NAIS when I'm dead and gone. Besides isn't NAIS infringing on my right to the pursuit of happiness?? How happy am I going to be when every time I sell a bird or one dies I have fill out a mountain of paperwork? I'm sure we could find something in the constitution (not the current administration gives a hoot about the constitution ) that says forcing people to sign up for a program they didn't ask for is a violation of rights.

Well,since the Patriot Act and the formation of the Department of Homeland Security(who comes up with these metaphoric,moronic names for this crap?),the US Constitution,especially the first ten amendments i. e. "The Bill of Rights,"is headed for permanent residence in the dumper. Thank the Almighty that the US Circuit Court of Appeals has interpreted the second amendment as "...the individual's right to keep and bear arms,not the peoples' nor the states' right but to reaffirm the individual's right shall not be infringed upon..." What this does for us citizens is gives us the "teeth" to all our other rights. But,presently,the government can and does search and seize property without warrant,cause or due process;control the media during time of declared war and "armed insurrection";holding "non-combatant" US citizen captive or as a prisoner,indefinitely,without charge or due process to a speedy trial...these are just a few items guaranteed by our constitution for all its citizens that have been usurped by these new acts passed by both Houses of the US Legislature. And the sad part of this is, All of this legislation was passed by all political parties and their respective ideologies.

"Those willing to give up some of their freedoms for increased security...deserve neither!....Benjamin Franklin"

All y'all take care!​

I think we should all print out a copy of our Constitution and carry it everywhere with us and when our rights are violated, wave it in the faces of those who would strip us of them. Until and unless the Constitution is actually done away with, I intend to stand on it and wave it like a flag and repeat it till I'm blue in the face.
Ben Franklin was exactly right. Another way that it is quoted is this:
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.​

Amen, Cyn!

Carugoman, you are absolutely right! We are living in a police state and most of the rest of them don't even know it yet.
They can record our phone calls, track our cars, take satellite pictures of our houses and toss us in the clink because we took the wrong book out of the library.
The Founding Fathers are spinning in their graves!

When did you get this letter? I ask because the Mass. DoA guy for Worcester area dropped by my house when he was inspecting my neighbor's cows, said he heard the chickens and had to do an inspection. Actually, he thought the chickens were out in a fenced section and we had a nice chat about the darn deer that eat up my fruit trees. He told me I could bowhunt the deer on account of them eating my agriculture, provided I butchered them quietly in the barn. He looked at the chickens, wrote down how many I had, gave me a slip saying they were healthy and in good condition, and went on his merry way. Have not gotten any letters yet, unless DH somehow threw it out as junk mail. Admittedly I am lazy about checking the mailbox.

HAD to do an inspection? Sure. He hears chickens and is duty-bound to do an inspection? I wouldn't let him on my property just to do a surprise spot-inspection of a backyard flock. He had no right. Geez. Who do they think they are?

That sounds like a load of hogwash!
I get inspected by the town Animal Control Officer once a year. The year before last the girls didn't even look up from TX Justice when he came. LOL

Betcha your neighbour ratted you out..."Say Farmer X, do you know if anyone hereabouts has some farm animals." Rightyroo, officer, right there---> :thun

I got my letter a couple of weeks ago. I never have good feelings when I see a letter from the State...

this is the message I got back this afternoon.

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for contacting the Department of Agricultural Resources.

Per your request your information will not be uploaded/registered with the NAIS.

Please feel free to contact me with any question or suggestions.

Joao P. Tavares
Department of Agricultural Resources

251 Causeway St, Boston, MA 02114

Phone: (617) 626-1719

I Googled good old Joe Tavares and he's just the database dude...
idunno.gif

Per Mass. law, they are entitled to do spot-checks for disease, basically encephalitis, fowlpox and Marek's, and enforce quarantines or what have you for health reasons. So, he did have the right. For what it's worth, he said they get a lot more reason to check up on commercial producers, and they get a lot more $$ in fines and so forth from commercial producers, too.

Where I live is sorta rural but sorta suburban, too, there's not really a way I can keep people off my property short of calling the cops or shooting them dead. I have most of the property fenced, but only the pool fencing is very secure and locked. This being Massachusetts, shooting them dead isn't looked upon kindly either, as my last name is not Kennedy, Cabot, Endicott, Putnam, etc.

He was actually very nice about it. He said if my neighbors give me any crap about the chickens or complain to town council, I have my happy slip of paper from the DoA that states they are healthy and well cared-for, as well as approved of by state law, so that's a help. And I didn't know I was allowed to bow-hunt this close to houses, even out of season if the deer are eating my orchard, so that was nice. He's the guy who does the deer inspections for local hunters too, I want to stay on his good side
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom