crude end

Eh, the sticky end of the stick indeed... Wondering how to end this. Don't know if I could actually get it published or not.
caf.gif

Stacey was lying in hospital, covered in bandages for her burns and pumped full of painkillers. The sort she had spent a year trying to come off. Great. She opened her eyes and tried to focus on something around her...

"She's coming around."
Indeed! So, what had happened? A nasty knock on the head when she had... Oh, it was impossible. There was a manic jumble of memories in her head that the drugs weren't helping. She closed her eyes again.

Carson looked down at Stacey and frowned at the doctor. "Is she going to be all right?"
"One hundred percent!" he said cheerfully. "You know, having the family around her should help her a great deal. Do you want to talk to her?"
Carson's mouth fell open. "I'm not-"
"It's all right, go for it."
Carson didn't even know if Stacey had any family. But he could be her friend. She looked like she needed one of those at the moment.

That's when the door opened. It was Sheila Smith. She poked her head round the door. "Sorry... They told me you were in here."
"More visitors!" the doctor boomed jovially. "Why, the young lass should be back on her feet in no time at all."
Sheila looked taken aback. "I just wanted to leave a message, that's all. For Stacey."
She put the little yellow note and a small pot plant on the bedside table. "Tell her to read it when she awakens. I have to go now."

Carson cleared his throat. "Smith..." Sheila stopped.
"So... Where are you going to go now? Not back to the airline, I don't-"
Sheila interrupted, smiling genuinely for the first time in a while. "I'm going back. UAL's had a pretty rocky past, that's for sure, but I'm ready to turn it around. You and Stacey helped me to realise that's what I had to do. Thank you."

And she was gone.

Stacey,
I just wanted you to know that ever since I was a kid at university, you've been an inspiration to me. Knowing women like you could get out there and make a difference helped me get on my feet. I want to give that back to you now and help you get back on yours. Contact me about a board position at UAL. As you know, a role has recently been vacated in a rather unconventional manner.
Good luck, and all the best, whatever you choose.
Sheila Smith

I've heard that you can get it published on the net... not sure how... guess you could try google docs.

Awww, I just read through this story and thought it was cute! I always seem to do that with all my scripts and semi-novels.
lau.gif
I forget most of the stuff in them a few weeks after writing.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom