crude end

ray's two cents :

Quote:
Sounds like fun
smile.png
I love camping.. Nature is my kinda thing I love it!!

Growing up in the city, I've never actually lived like that before
lol.png

I have lived in the city most of my life and I have never had to live like that before either but we went camping every summer with my grandparents and cousins and stuff so I am use to it now. We go camping with my in laws and kids and neices and nephews and my fiances brother and his girl friend every summer expect this summer becuase all the parks were shut down because of wild fires.. So we are going with just my in laws my hubbys brother my daughter and myself.. So it will be tons of fun
smile.png
nice a peaceful!!

Quote:
Growing up in the city, I've never actually lived like that before
lol.png

I have lived in the city most of my life and I have never had to live like that before either but we went camping every summer with my grandparents and cousins and stuff so I am use to it now. We go camping with my in laws and kids and neices and nephews and my fiances brother and his girl friend every summer expect this summer becuase all the parks were shut down because of wild fires.. So we are going with just my in laws my hubbys brother my daughter and myself.. So it will be tons of fun
smile.png
nice a peaceful!!

Wow! That's a lot of family camping! We went with family friends as most of our rellies live overseas, but there were always at least toilets, showers, bins and power
tongue.png

ray's two cents :

Quote:
smile.png
nice a peaceful!!

Wow! That's a lot of family camping! We went with family friends as most of our rellies live overseas, but there were always at least toilets, showers, bins and power
tongue.png

gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
Well We use a tent a pop um camper and a regular pull along camper. So lol
tongue.png

Quote:
tongue.png

gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
Well We use a tent a pop um camper and a regular pull along camper. So lol
tongue.png

So you're really going out into the middle of nowhere! Wow.
We got to take our cars along with us
tongue.png
And we have cars that are on the other end of the spectrum from 4WDs so that's saying something
tongue.png

haha well yeah we are going up to Capitan Mountians in CloudCroft New Mexico.... The most beautiful part of NM if I must say so myself! lol I love it up there. It rains like everyday which i love because it never rains here lol or hardly ever... rofl Only sad part is having to leave my chickens and ducks and puppies behind... I hope they do ok with out me for 5 days....

Carson waited outside the inconspicuous building where the board meeting was being held. He'd gleaned the location from a friend who was a regional director at UAL's local division. The friend nodded at him and Carson moved his hand across his throat. Don't attract attention to me. The friend shrugged and moved inside.

The next man who arrived at the building was Brian Southton. Brian was a very powerful figure at UAL's core, overseeing the regional meeting that day. This was Carson's chance. Straightening his smart-looking suit and tie, he stepped forward.
"Pleased to see you here!" he said, smiling widely and holding out his hand. He hoped his hand wasn't as sweaty as he was nervous.
Brian nodded and shook Carson's hand. The small bug, which looked rather like a speck of dirt, distached from Carson's finger and latched onto Southton's shirt cuff. Carson breathed a sigh of relief. He stood looking friendly and shaking the hands of the board members that arrived next, and then vanished as suddenly as he had appeared.

Hopping into his car, he turned on the receiver and spent the next thirty minutes listening to the tedious greetings between bored members (no pun intended!) who would rather be somewhere else, like the golf course, and the company's annual financial results presentation, which was as usual for UAL, almost out of the ordinary. Carson cringed and almost fell asleep, until he heard what he was waiting for.

"So. How are our ops at GlideCorp going?"
"Good. Smith's had to let about 900 people go after the recent incidents."
"She didn't specify that though, or course."
"The place will be understaffed!"
" Don't worry about it. I'm sure Smith knows what she's doing."

Carson leaned in closer to the device the recordings were playing out from.
Oh my God he thought to himself.

"Am I still on the roster for the GlideCorp check-up this month?"
That was Brian Southton's voice.
"Yes, I'm pretty sure Sheila went last month."
"Isn't Dan on the list for it too?"
"Not yet, he still needs to be briefed."
"Okay."
There was a rustling of paper and suddenly a large BANG!

Carson jumped, startled. A bomb?!
He giggled. A more likely explanation was that Brian had just sneezed and the bug had fallen off his sleeve onto the ground.
Sure enough, the voices Carson could now hear were blurred and distant.

GlideCorp... he thought again. It sounded dark.

Nineteen years earlier

Katy pulled up her jacket zipper and started towards the university entrance.
She had dreams to make it big in the business world.
Her "sheepdog" for the day, a young lad named Jack Barnes, met her at the door.
"Hi, I'm Jack."
Katy's head started to reel. He looked just like her father. How could she trust this young man? He reminded her so much...
"Katy," she managed to squeak out, before pulling herself together. She had to be tough to get through this! What was going to be the use of crumbling every time she saw something with a Y-chromosome? From now on, I'm Katy Stoneheart. she thought. She quite enjoyed the idea of having a new name. Maybe then she could distach herself from that man she called her father. Nobody would ever have to know they were related, unless he accidentally told someone in one of his drunken heart-to-hearts with whatever woman he thought his wife didn't know he was seeing.
Why didn't she leave him already? Katy couldn't help thinking repeatedly. I'm never going to be like my mother. I rely on myself, and myself only from now on.

And so she straightened up and looked coolly into Jack's eyes. "Let's get this party started."

Carson worriedly watched as the little icon on his digital map didn't move.
Oh no, he's got it all sussed out. I'm dead meat. God help.

The GPS tracking bug had been equally as easy to fix onto Brian Southton's wristwatch. Carson had needed it to be on something that Southton would probably wear on his visit to GlideCorp. But the icon on his map still wasn't moving. It was only 5PM, Brian couldn't be home yet.

He's going to make sure I die, so I won't grass on him.
Carson was busy contemplating this welcome news when the news appeared on the TV.
Breaking news from Colorado Springs, where a UAL A380 aircraft has crashed after facing severe engine problems, killing almost two hundred people on board. This is the most serious accident to affect UAL yet, and the entire of UAL, not just the fleet of smaller aircraft, is going to be grounded, for the time being indefinitely. A full-scale investigation will be launched into their operations before they can be deemed safe to fly again. A total of 235 people have so far lost their lives in UAL-related incidents.

Carson shook his head. "They're not going to find it. Smith and Southton are too smart to let some FAA investigation bust up their company. Stacey, I need you."

Two weeks later
Cleared of all suspicion, UAL has been allowed to fly again. The problems with the engines on three previous aircraft that crashed were found to originate with the engine manufacturers themselves. There has been enormous public outcry at the decision, especially among those who lost loved ones in the accidents. There have even been talks of a UAL boycott, but it seems the rest of the general public just can't pass up the even cheaper fares the airline is now offering.

Carson stared at the TV in disbelief.

Back
Top Bottom