Cruel to rehome chickens?

you do what you think is right. Some other options would be to get someone to help while your on bed rest kids are always looking to make a little spending money. But what you decide is best for you and your flock is your decision and your only thinking of their welfare. I see someone here is already thinking of helping if you want to rehome them.

I had to give up some hens to find homes for some extra threatened heritage cockerels. and to my surprise the one that hadn't laid and the persistent broody that wouldn't accept others eggs or chicks are now acting perfectly normal and laying up a storms at the new house, they were best friends from 2 days old and when lost my brood hen and one of her chicks to a neighbors dog it really through them they couldn't seem to come back from that loss, if I had only known would have offered them to a guy that takes in extra roosters around here until he can find a home for them or they pass on, free ranging to their hearts content

As long there is social media, there is nasty opinionated people! My daughter gets nasty people on Instagram, Facebook (which she deleted cause of it) My opinion is you have put time, MONEY, etc in raising them. It's actually suggested asking for a small rehoming fee to be somewhat sure they are going to a respectable home. Just ignore or block people that can't grow up, or have to much time on their hands. Best of luck finding homes for your flock.

Just wanted to give an update: we have found an amazing family that was able to take all of our hens as their starter flock. They will be able to free range and be loved and kept as pets, and they even gave us their address and number so that we can visit them whenever we want! I could not have asked for a better situation, and I am so relieved that we kept our standards high, because there are good people out there. ❤️

Just wanted to give an update: we have found an amazing family that was able to take all of our hens as their starter flock. They will be able to free range and be loved and kept as pets, and they even gave us their address and number so that we can visit them whenever we want! I could not have asked for a better situation, and I am so relieved that we kept our standards high, because there are good people out there. ❤️

Thanks for the update! Glad things are working out and now your mind is at ease :)

That is good news. Your chickens will be happy and well tended and you can concentrate on your little one. All the best and I hope all goes well for you.

Back
Top Bottom