Cruel?

Wow, you have a great set up!!!! Your birds look very happy and healthy.
keep up the good work, it is hard work, but it so worth it. These people don't understand, that if they let loose, they do not now how to live in the wild.
I have a ring neck dove, she was wild but a hawk got her, as a dog chased the hawk, the hawk dropped the dove.the dove made it to her nest inside a horse barn she was really hurt, she fell out of her nest and was in a horse stall she couldn't fly back to her nest.I took her keepping in mind I was going let her go after she got better, but the hawk ripped her wing up, she couldn't fly very good. So I took her inside the house she got better, she loves the house, she has free range to fly, mind ya, she is missing part of her wing, she is bonded with me she flys to me lands on my shoulder. Her name is lovey dovey, she does not fly anywhere near the windows or door she very happy staying inside and does not have worry about hawks any more.

My 5 parakeets are in cages they love being played with but are very happy in their cages. Your birds look great and happy its not cruel at all. I am sorry that those people where rude to you.

My birds live in their own house.

In cages. Everything is washed, swept, replenished every day. Twice daily in the summer.

Cages keep domestically raised birds safe and happy. Most pet birds are cage bound as they find the cage a safe area. Bars keep the smaller birds safe from the larger birds.

Some like to socialize

Some are only interested in eating

Or making a mess

Or take naps

They are housed with friends

I'm a terrible, cruel bird owner. Yes, my birds stay in cages.They no longer have to worry about Ms. Kitty glaring at them for hours, or cringe in terror when little Timmy smacks the cage for fun. Nor do they have to flap about in terror when the terrier takes down the cage. They no longer worry about being covered by a blanket for hours and hours. Or find themselves shut in a closet for days at a time. It's the quality of the care that counts.

Sassy Ann thanks me for taking her in.

I think I would explain to them (if I bothered to say anything at all)that these are DOMESTICATED birds....kinda like people have said to me that rabbits in cages is cruel....Ummm....if I didn't keep them in...they'd be dead in a day....people like that are ignorant and uneducated on the subject and have fallen victim to an unrealistic,outlandish,"fairy tale" way of thinking. Your birds look very well cared for and happy.It's so sad to me that this country has created these types of people who have totally uneducated,unrealistic views with absolutely no quams about sharing them.

To you?.....Keep doing what you are doing. Your birds are beautiful,your set-up is beautiful and life for those birds is great.....to those people? Go eat your KFC and talk about it!
smack.gif

Last edited:
Your not cruel at all but its said to avoid circle cages due to birds mental health conditions. They like corners. But other than that i bet they are extremely happy to be with you.

Back
Top Bottom