Crumbles or pellets?

$ 1.50... ????? for cage free organic???? here in calif. cage free organic egg are $5.00 a dozen!!! the crappy caged up sickly eggs are $1.50

we give most of ours away to needy families..
i sell a few for $2 a dozen NO carton, the carton is 50 cents more..

I guess I'm in the minority of pellet feeders! I have very sandy soil here and the chickens tend to bill out the crumbles which get lost (wasted) in the sand. My advice is feed whatever your chickens seem to eat best!
I sell eggs for $2.50 a dozen. I used to sell from a sign in front of my house until I "chose" my regulars. During the summer I get about 30 eggs per day and always have a problem keeping enough for the people who want them!

Pellets here--- started with crumbles-- but they lose so much in the hay/wood shavings... pellets they can find if dropped, and they waste a lot less... mash here looks like cornmeal and is a total waste with them, unless I mix it with yogurt or water....

Then they get their weekly bananas, grapes and Spinach....
wink.png

I fed pellets to my leghorns. No one around here stocked it, (I got Layena pellets) so I had to special order it ahead of time. They made such a mess with the crumbles, there was NO wasteage with the pellets. And they took to them just fine.

ANgie

I feed pellets and they just gobble them up. Not much waste unless it suddenly rains on their food (turns to mush). Come to think of it, I feed them more after I see that there is no more left on the ground...so I wouldn't say there is any waste, actually. When I throw some black oil sunflower seeds their way...watch out
ep.gif
they absolutely looooove those!

I bought pellets when my feedstore was out of crumbles. My chickens refused to eat them.
I gave them to my brother in law, his chickens were the babies I raised. They gobbled them up.

Guess I know who spoiled their birds-
smile.png

His eat anything, mine hold out for the best stuff.

Back
Top Bottom