Crumbles or Pellets?

TheSpiceGirls

Crowing
13 Years
Oct 6, 2010
Bay Area, CA
So my chicks are growing up and I will soon transition them off of their baby chick crumbles to layer rations. When I went to buy a bag, they asked if I wanted crumbles or pellets? I hadn't done research in that area and never gave it any thought.

What's your preference?

For what ever it's worth, I have four hens, a BO, EE, Black Jersey Giant and a Cuckoo Marans. They also have a sizable area to free range safely in my yard.

My chickens HATE pellets, when I try to mix them in, they just toss them all out.
You can try it, but if they don't like it, you will have to hammer 50lbs of it...lol.

My flock likes crumbles best. They never left any doubt about that.

Pellets vs crumbles was always about what worked with my feeding equipment. The chickens convinced me to spring for a hanging feeder and have been feasting on crumbles ever since.

Chicken.Lytle :

My flock likes crumbles best. They never left any doubt about that.

Pellets vs crumbles was always about what worked with my feeding equipment. The chickens convinced me to spring for a hanging feeder and have been feasting on crumbles ever since.

Me too. I had to break the pellets in little pieces or the girls wouldn't touch 'em...​

Hmmm, I never thought that they might not eat it. And I'd bet that would be the case. They don't like chunky treats. They like everything all chopped up small.

Guess I'll go with crumbles next. Maybe I can find a place where I can buy a small bag of pellets and give that a try just to see what they do.

Thanks All

My girls wouldn't have anything to do with the pellets. People at work said "when they get hungry enough, they'll eat them!" I couldn't handle it, they looked at me so pathetically, I gave the crumbles to them Happy again!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom