Crushed boxes of eggs

I have better luck just writing FRAGILE & Handle With Care on the outside of the box.
On 2 sides I write "FRAGILE" and on the other 2 I write "Handle with Care"
and below or beside that I'll write "please" with a little smiley face.
This will prevent someone with a ego problem from thinking you are ORDERING them to be careful with your package.

i have ordered several times over the internet through the mail.. fedex and UPS are always great.. but "regular" mail is the times i get a crushed box...
i will pay XTRA if they will send it UPS.. plus my UPS guy is REALLY CUTE!!!

Quote:
That is always a plus....
big_smile.png

I have ordered eggs twice, just recently from NC & last fall from CA. All packaged very well but out of 14 eggs only 5 hatched (both boxes).....most of them were scrambled big time!

I have decided that I won't order eggs anymore.
sad.png
But I think the PO takes pride in wrecking our eggs. It can't be my incubating techniques cause this last time (I am waiting now on pips) I placed 21 eggs in the bator & only had to throw out 1 & most of them are pipping right now.

UPS work well though??

Can't remember where I read/heard it but I was under the impression that UPS and FedEx didn't take hatching eggs or chicks?? Does anyone know this for a fact?

yes the u.s postal service is rather bad (any company/ class).

Here in the UK. I ordered 20 eggs on a tuesday at 4pm. The eggs were there other side of the country. I received them at 7am Wednesday, all of them are fertile.

Royal Mail is just the best i must say, best postal service in the world. you can't say anything wrong about it.

Nearly all UK sellers use the polystryne egg boxes these are good.
I send and receive via special delivery its hand sorted not like the normal 1st class post which go through large mailing drums ( which do damage air sac's) I put lables saying "live plants handle with care" surprises some customers but it works. Words like fragile or eggs can encourage some workers to play football.

Back
Top Bottom